Dixie 3 Notre Dame Academy 1

Pandas with a loss to end out their regular season. Tough last half of the season for them 2-4-2 but against some good competition.

Dixie continues to be up and down. They've had some really good wins mixed with a couple bad looses & ties.

Hopefully both teams came out healthy and ready to start districts next week.

So what has happened to NDA since the Lex Cath tournament? Have they been hit by the injury bug or is there something else? I have not had a chance to see them this season yet, but paid close attention to their results. They had several quality wins the first half of the season including beating SK twice! NDA is always the measuring stick all other NKY programs measure themselves against.

Congratulations are certainly in order to Dixie on getting this win.

I am not being facetious when I ask this. Should Notre Dame ever lose a match to a Northern Kentucky high school? Does any other school in Northern Kentucky get even half the number of girls trying out for their soccer teams that Notre Dame does?

Congratulations are certainly in order to Dixie on getting this win.

I am not being facetious when I ask this. Should Notre Dame ever lose a match to a Northern Kentucky high school? Does any other school in Northern Kentucky get even half the number of girls trying out for their soccer teams that Notre Dame does?

I would say it is hard for other schools to compete and sheer numbers definitely contribute. I have heard that they had over 50 girls try out for freshman soccer. That is more girls than many schools have in their entire freshman class. Also elite players want to play for elite programs which makes those programs even better. Congratulations to Dixie on the big win. It looks like regionals may be a little more interesting this year.

NDA is very young in the back, both in age and experience. The 2 center backs are freshmen. They have a new keeper. On 2 of Dixie's goals, the defense got out of shape and lost their marks leading to a easy goal off a long ball, and another easy goal on a nice through pass. The 3rd goal I didn't see, but heard it was a pass back to the keeper that was misplayed and went into the goal.

From a numbers perspective, yes NDA gets a lot. They had to cut freshmen this year, which they usually do not. However, it's also the quality that matters. They have a lot of high club players, but so do some other schools, like Highlands. I think NDA is performing better than some outsiders thought they would this year.

NDA is very young in the back, both in age and experience. The 2 center backs are freshmen.They have a new keeper. On 2 of Dixie's goals, the defense got out of shape and lost their marks leading to a easy goal off a long ball, and another easy goal on a nice through pass. The 3rd goal I didn't see, but heard it was a pass back to the keeper that was misplayed and went into the goal.

From a numbers perspective, yes NDA gets a lot. They had to cut freshmen this year, which they usually do not. However, it's also the quality that matters. They have a lot of high club players, but so do some other schools, like Highlands. I think NDA is performing better than some outsiders thought they would this year.

Coach's decision. When you have the numbers of players trying out that Notre Dame does and you decide to keep freshmen and play them, whatever happens on the team record is 100% on the coach in my opinion.

Coach's decision. When you have the numbers of players trying out that Notre Dame does and you decide to keep freshmen and play them, whatever happens on the team record is 100% on the coach in my opinion.

Yes, it is a coach’s decision, but those 2 girls would likely start on every high school team in NKY.

NDA replaced 7 starting seniors from last year's roster. That's a big turnover for any team. They also had Jr. that started last year who hasn't seen much playing time this year because of injuries. So 8 new starters should take them a while to gel and having a few injuries have hurt them too.

KHSAA website had Dixie at 5 shots and scored 3 times. NDA had 14 shots but only scored once.

Yes, it is a coach’s decision, but those 2 girls would likely start on every high school team in NKY.

My gut reaction to this statement was "pump the brakes" ... but after considering it, I think its accurate. I'm not convinced they'd start at CB or up the spine on every NKY team ... but that's a different claim.

My gut reaction to this statement was "pump the brakes" ... but after considering it, I think its accurate. I'm not convinced they'd start at CB or up the spine on every NKY team ... but that's a different claim.

Not saying starting CB for every team. However, if I'm not mistaken, they're DA girls, which means they can play wherever you put them.

To add a little color to the shots, goals, and defense - The first goal was a counter attack long ball after a corner. NDA CB's are tall and athletic, one took the corner kick and 2 other defenders went up into the box. Dixie smartly countered with a quick long ball and Dixie player executed brilliantly one on one. One goal was simply a goalie misplay own goal, it wasn't at all contested. The last goal was at the very end with Notre pushed way up desparate to score, a long ball over the defense one v one w goalie. A play that NDA coach got a red card bc he was screaming off sides. I have no idea if it was offsides or not.