Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ravens/Bengals Updates

Featured Replies

I have zero problem with them being aggressive there. Usually Marvin always plays it conservative and runs the ball to get to half. It didn't work out this time, but I rather have aggressive Marvin. We know what conservative Marvin gets us at the end of the day.

 

With that said that happening probably will make him go back to conservative, ugh.

 

You mean you can usually count on Marvin to do the wrong thing at the wrong time. Terrible clock management with a 3 TD lead and little time on the clock. They get the ball to start the 2nd half and should have NEVER given Baltimore enough time to cut into the lead.

  • Replies 118
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have zero problem with them being aggressive there. Usually Marvin always plays it conservative and runs the ball to get to half. It didn't work out this time, but I rather have aggressive Marvin. We know what conservative Marvin gets us at the end of the day.

 

With that said that happening probably will make him go back to conservative, ugh.

 

I am good being somewhat aggressive, but I run the ball on either first or second down there. Burn about 30 seconds on the clock so either the Bengals score or no one scores.

You mean you can usually count on Marvin to do the wrong thing at the wrong time. Terrible clock management with a 3 TD lead and little time on the clock. They get the ball to start the 2nd half and should have NEVER given Baltimore enough time to cut into the lead.

 

I am good being somewhat aggressive, but I run the ball on either first or second down there. Burn about 30 seconds on the clock so either the Bengals score or no one scores.

 

I guarantee if the Bengals run the play first down get stuffed. Ravens take time out, and now Bengals 2nd a long. People would be screaming that he should have tried to put them away and not be same old conservative marvin. Bengals had the ball on the 40 yard line. People would have been livid as usual if they took foot off the gas there and didn't try to put them away.

 

Always easy to second guess once it doesnt work. I'll take aggressive Marvin every day of the week over his same old 14 years of being conservative and always playing it safe by the book.

One other halftime comment - the officials have been a big factor in the game. Several iffy calls in that half.

I guarantee if the Bengals run the play first down get stuffed. Ravens take time out, and now Bengals 2nd a long. People would be screaming that he should have tried to put them away and not be same old conservative marvin. Bengals had the ball on the 40 yard line. People would have been livid as usual if they took foot off the gas there and didn't try to put them away.

 

Always easy to second guess once it doesnt work. I'll take aggressive Marvin every day of the week over his same old 14 years of being conservative and always playing it safe by the book.

 

No doubt people would have been screaming. No second guessing on my part. With a 21 point lead, I run the ball on first or second down and make the Ravens burn a timeout.

 

Also, please note post #60 above.

I guarantee if the Bengals run the play first down get stuffed. Ravens take time out, and now Bengals 2nd a long. People would be screaming that he should have tried to put them away and not be same old conservative marvin. Bengals had the ball on the 40 yard line. People would have been livid as usual if they took foot off the gas there and didn't try to put them away.

 

Always easy to second guess once it doesnt work. I'll take aggressive Marvin every day of the week over his same old 14 years of being conservative and always playing it safe by the book.

 

Like I said count on Marvin to do the wrong thing at the wrong time! The team has to execute but the head dummie makes the decisions on how to manage the last 2 minutes of the half. Marvin has and will probably always be terrible at clock management.

Here comes the bad Bengals. Holding call on a long run first possession and false starts on 3rd in the 2nd possession to put them in deep 3rd down. Watch the lead evaporate in no time. Just hope the defense can hold off the Ravens because if they are going to beat the Ravens I think it will have to be on defense because Andy may not put them in the end zone this half.

Dre has missed three straight tackles.

Big stop there!!

If the Bengals take this short field and score, that is the play of the game and another bad decision by Harbaugh.

No doubt people would have been screaming. No second guessing on my part. With a 21 point lead, I run the ball on first or second down and make the Ravens burn a timeout.

 

Also, please note post #60 above.

 

I agree, run on first down and make Ravens show their hand. Call a time out or not.

Hope Billy Price is not out long.

Can't run on every first down.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.