Manual Stadium: Past and Future

Diogenes

Last night marked the final regular season home game ever for St. X in this historic stadium. I believe it is the largest high school stadium in the Commonwealth. I have heard that DeSales will be the new tenant. Is this confirmed? Also, does anyone know when X first became a tenant there?

Originally built as a bowl, over the years it lost its endzone seats. It has hosted a college game(s), the St. X vs. Trinity games, the Flaget Braves, as well as the Male-Manual series. Anyone with other information on a stadium that has hosted many of Kentucky's legendary teams and programs?

Anyone with other information on a stadium that has hosted many of Kentucky's legendary teams and programs?

I did a playoff game between Marshall County and Nelson county in the late 1990's in a stadium in Murray that I thought was called Memorial Stadium that housed a number of high school teams plus we were told Murray State played there at one time.

Not U of L, U K and the same size as Manual but a good OLD stadium,( with little or no restrooms).

Last night marked the final regular season home game ever for St. X in this historic stadium. I believe it is the largest high school stadium in the Commonwealth. I have heard that DeSales will be the new tenant. Is this confirmed? Also, does anyone know when X first became a tenant there?

Originally built as a bowl, over the years it lost its endzone seats. It has hosted a college game(s), the St. X vs. Trinity games, the Flaget Braves, as well as the Male-Manual series. Anyone with other information on a stadium that has hosted many of Kentucky's legendary teams and programs?

St.X won the 1962 state title defeating Valley in Manual stadium, so it has hosted state title games as well.That team was legendary with such stars as Dickey Lyons, Mo Mooreman, Steve Bocko, Walt Gahm,Steve Bisig,Denny Obst.

And yet it came down to a blocked punt at the end of the game. You never can tell in HS football.

Thanks for the info. I was not aware that the stadium had hosted a state title football game.

I should have pointed out earlier that it also has hosted huge soccer matches over the years. IMO the ambiance is unmatched. What will X do next year without a Check's or Flabby's to walk to after the game? Rams fans are fortunate indeed to call this their home.

And yet it came down to a blocked punt at the end of the game. You never can tell in HS football.

Thanks for the info. I was not aware that the stadium had hosted a state title football game.

I should have pointed out earlier that it also has hosted huge soccer matches over the years. IMO the ambiance is unmatched. What will X do next year without a Check's or Flabby's to walk to after the game? Rams fans are fortunate indeed to call this their home.

I have heard it through the grapevine that St.X will have a new watering hole for its fans less than 2 blocks away from campus.

Does anyone have a pic of the stadium? I have never seen it and would love to. Lots of history there! I always loved Russellville's stadium, very old time!!!

I could not find a good picture but if you go here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=1230+E+Burnett+Ave,+Louisville,+KY+40217&ie=UTF8&z=19&ll=38.220102,-85.736808&spn=0.00094,0.002704&t=k&om=1&iwloc=addr

You can see a satellite image of the Stadium.

DeSALES going to Manual ? That is interesting . That will be a boost for interest in the Colts program as many from the Germantown area just like to go there to watch a football game. I look forward to seeing the brown and orange back in Manual Stadium ! They have played there in the past before playing at Iroquois.