Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hader: From Slurs To Standing Ovation

Featured Replies

Serious question, once you say/tweet something like that you are a racist.

 

Are you always going to be a racist?

 

How many people do you know that just decided "You know what, I'm not going to be racist anymore starting today"???

  • Replies 36
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many people do you know that just decided "You know what, I'm not going to be racist anymore starting today"???

 

 

Difficult question.

 

I think most people are racist in some way, form, or fashion. From inappropriate jokes and what people say in private, to who people want their sons/daughters to date.

 

The dude said racist stuff when he was younger. Does that make him a racist now that he has probably been exposed to more races and cultures as he has gotten older?

Serious (maybe stupid) question: Are there degrees of racism......or......is it all or nothing?

How many people do you know that just decided "You know what, I'm not going to be racist anymore starting today"???

 

Well nowadays it's becoming socially accepted, almost celebrated to be able to decide if you're a girl or a guy, sometimes day to day so I think it's a legit question. If you can change what gender you identify as I don't see how one couldn't change whether or not they're racist etc.

Serious (maybe stupid) question: Are there degrees of racism......or......is it all or nothing?

 

 

Valid question. Hang or shoot not their race, don’t speak to other races, don’t want other races in their neighborhood? Kids can’t date or hang out with ther races?

Well nowadays it's becoming socially accepted, almost celebrated to be able to decide if you're a girl or a guy, sometimes day to day so I think it's a legit question. If you can change what gender you identify as I don't see how one couldn't change whether or not they're racist etc.

 

Is there a surgery to cut off your racism? Medicine to take to enhance or reduce it?

 

As to the question, what degrees would there possibly be? Racist, but only on the weekends? Racist when I’m in a bad mood?

 

The basics of racism is the belief that your race is superior to another, right? I’m not sure how that is anything but black and white (pun intended)...

Is there a surgery to cut off your racism? Medicine to take to enhance or reduce it?

 

As to the question, what degrees would there possibly be? Racist, but only on the weekends? Racist when I’m in a bad mood?

 

The basics of racism is the belief that your race is superior to another, right? I’m not sure how that is anything but black and white (pun intended)...

 

The only reason I mentioned it is because it was brought up on a Joe Rogan podcast the other day with a doctor in the field. The folks they were referring to didnt take a pill or cut stuff off but they did alter between genders and pesonalities.

 

 

With that said, its commonly believed/accepted that racism is taught or learned in some way shape or form. It seems likely that someone perceived as racist could learn, for lack of better terms, to be "better". Sometimes, actually a lot of times, ignorance plays a part as well. I'm just surprised folks have such a hard time with a guy saying he was young and stupid, we all were at one point. Maybe not about race bit something. I don't know what was said, maybe he can't be forgiven but it sounds like he's owning it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.