Kawhi Leonard has asked to be traded...

That’s a lot of bad blood down there.

I mean I get it. But money talks. If I were him I would of made SA make the first move, I have a feeling they weren't going to offer the super max. Then the team is the bad guy. The whole story is confusing and I hope we really find out the truth. Did Pop and R.C. Buford stab him in the back with the media?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean I get it. But money talks. If I were him I would of made SA make the first move, I have a feeling they weren't going to offer the super max. Then the team is the bad guy. The whole story is confusing and I hope we really find out the truth. Did Pop and R.C. Buford stab him in the back with the media?

I can’t recall anyone other than Tony Parker really saying anything that would be considered as negative towards Kawhi and even then Tony Parker never said his name.

I can’t recall anyone other than Tony Parker really saying anything that would be considered as negative towards Kawhi and even then Tony Parker never said his name.

I've read of speculation that Pop pushed Parker and Ginobli to speak out and also saw where most people think the leaks to a couple reporters have been from Buford . But nothing concrete.

I've read of speculation that Pop pushed Parker and Ginobli to speak out and also saw where most people think the leaks to a couple reporters have been from Buford . But nothing concrete.

Makes sense.

Also, seeing as how Kawhi essentially requested a trade through the media that also makes it hard to believe for me that they’ll send him where he wants to be. If they send him anywhere at all.

I would love to see him go to the Lakers (my favorite NBA team) but if he is set on leaving after this upcoming season and won't resign. The Spurs will then probably trade him rather than just let him walk and get nothing for him. The reason I think they would not trade him to the Lakers is that there are a number of teams that could offer the Spurs more talent than what the Lakers could.imo

I would love to see him go to the Lakers (my favorite NBA team) but if he is set on leaving after this upcoming season and won't resign. The Spurs will then probably trade him rather than just let him walk and get nothing for him. The reason I think they would not trade him to the Lakers is that there are a number of teams that could offer the Spurs more talent than what the Lakers could.imo

It's not likely those teams are going to give away the farm for 1 year of Kawhi, which is exactly why his camp has orchestrated this entire thing.

Philly is loaded with picks and is ready to contend now. No disrespect to JJ, but they don’t have an experienced guy who can make a difference when the youngsters are off in the playoffs, and they aren’t finding one with the tenth pick. Kawhi fills that void and then a little.

@ShamsCharania

The Los Angeles Lakers have reached out to the San Antonio Spurs to express interest in All-Star Kawhi Leonard, league sources tell Yahoo. No proposals have been discussed.

Read on reddit that a Lakers source said Spurs shut the door on them.