Suicide

Pura Vida

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sound harsh, but they havent stopped talking about the spade chick and the food guy for since it happend. Its been non stop.

Its no different than all the hype they give these school shooters. Its almost like the media is baiting the hook for the next person to do it.

Suicides up, media coverage on them is up, coincidence? I think not.

We live in a monkey see, monkey do world now.

I don't see it as the same. I don't think they constantly go into detail as to how they did it do they? I also don't see any narrative being pushed in it, awareness is a good thing with depression and suicide.

Something good for all of us to spread.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255 -

Available 24 hours everyday.

National Suicide Text Hotline - Text 741741 - Crisis Text Line provides free

24/7 support for those in crisis.

Does memorializing these celebrities thats do this like the media does help the situation?

On one hand it maybe raises awareness, but on the other it makes it seem like an ok thing to do.

Not to sound harsh, but they havent stopped talking about the spade chick and the food guy for since it happend. Its been non stop.

Its no different than all the hype they give these school shooters. Its almost like the media is baiting the hook for the next person to do it.

Suicides up, media coverage on them is up, coincidence? I think not.

We live in a monkey see, monkey do world now.

Famous people get big, drawn-out obits in the national media. That's been the case forever, so suggesting that is spurring more people to off themselves seems off to me. Especially since the suicide rise has come in the past 20 years. Kurt Cobain offed hisself almost 25 years ago. Was there a spike in "copycats" then?

And every single article I read online about a celebrity suicide always contains a disclaimer-type thing at the bottom that posts the contact info for the suicide prevention hotlines. So, again, I'm going to say that's a lame blame game.