Pirates at Reds (5/22 - 5/24)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys always rip on Bailey, but how does Hamilton continue to get at bats on this team? He is TERRIBLE!!!

Hamilton is at least a premiere center fielder defensively. I can live with Hamilton as long as he's batting 8th or 9th. I can't stand having Bailey in the rotation at this point.

Someone enlighten me on the run support that Bailey has received this year. More often than not it has been few if any runs and he has kept the Reds in most of those game.

There is nothing "premiere" about Billy Hamilton. Hard to win when you have 2 pitchers batting every night.

Votto with yet another base running gaff in the ninth by not tagging up and trying to score in the ninth with the pitcher up next. To be as talented as Votto, his base running skills and fielding decisions are highly suspect. Short bench hurt Reds last night as pitcher had to bat in last inning.

I will take Duvall over Hamilton at the plate any day of the week. I do not have much use for either of them to be honest.

That's fine, and I agree both are really bad, but Hamilton hits for a better average, gets on base more, and makes contact more frequently.