Open Job: Augusta

I think the idea is that the new coach sets the expectations with the kids and parents. This coach will need to establish consequences associated with student athletes not responding with the program philosophy. Realistic expectations for the program will need to be set and the parent buy-in happens when that coach is real about the direction Augusta can go. They are at best 2 in the district and ranked 10 or lower in the region.

I think you play those youngsters often in the varsity games to develop them to the pace and strength of older student athletes/varsity pace, but you never lose site of the older kids who have put in the work to earn the minutes. If the older guys cannot get it done, you go to the well for opportunities with those younger kiddos.

This will be a hit the ground running opportunity for whoever gets the position. If I know ATown like I think I do, they will want progress every day towards the best ball team they can be.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he not have a daughter that plays for Bath?

I thought i read that was the reason he left boys coaching at Nicholas County was to coach his young daughter at Bath County when that girls coaching job came open. Didn't he coach his son at Nicholas County until he graduated? Kinda strange, but maybe not, I guess.