Jalen Hurts Transfer?

GrantNKY

After Jones’ performance is there question about whether Jalen isn’t even the 2nd best QB on the roster? I think that’s probably a bit of a stretch, but from a pure passing standpoint and not a leadership perspective I think the case can be made that Hurts is the 3rd guy.

I didn't get a chance to watch it all but what I saw wasn't good. Jalen did go against the 1st team defense so at least that can be an excuse. Jones will have to get ready, Hurts and Tua won't both be on this roster come fall football time.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get a chance to watch it all but what I saw wasn't good. Jalen did go against the 1st team defense so at least that can be an excuse. Jones will have to get ready, Hurts and Tua won't both be on this roster come fall football time.

Agree that both will not be on roster for Louisville game.

For a running/defense type of team Alabama sure gets it's share of very good QB's. Jones looked very good although I would like to have seen him go against the first team defense to get a better feel of what he can accomplish. And now Tua's younger brother has committed.

Whats up with Tua? Why won't he be there?

Not drinking any Kool-Aid. I was stating the culture. They are happy with 8-4. Not underestimating Chip Kelly. He did a great job at Oregon.

They may be happy with 8-4 or 9-3. The question is will Chip Kelly be happy with that? Because I don't think it will be that hard for him to get to 8-4. Do you think that will satisfy him and he won't keep pushing?

They may be happy with 8-4 or 9-3. The question is will Chip Kelly be happy with that? Because I don't think it will be that hard for him to get to 8-4. Do you think that will satisfy him and he won't keep pushing?

Joe

Not talking about Chip. Talking about their fan base and culture. Any coach worth their salt, myself included, wants to win every single game.

Joe

Not talking about Chip. Talking about their fan base and culture. Any coach worth their salt, myself included, wants to win every single game.

I would think given Kelly's history that the fan expectations and culture will take a dramatic turn.

Joe

Then if he is as driven as he was at Oregon there's no reason he can't get UCLA to the top of the PAC12. He's got the ability, recruiting base and facilities.

Did anyone else read that article and think while his dad did say he "messed" up that it came off as an attempted power play with the free agent comment? If so I doubt seriously that threatening to transfer from Alabama will make Nick Saban lose much sleep.

Did anyone else read that article and think while his dad did say he "messed" up that it came off as an attempted power play with the free agent comment? If so I doubt seriously that threatening to transfer from Alabama will make Nick Saban lose much sleep.

I’m not sure Saban would lose much sleep over it because Tua appears to be the superior QB in most people’s eyes.