Jalen Hurts Transfer?

GrantNKY

Joe

Not talking about Chip. Talking about their fan base and culture. Any coach worth their salt, myself included, wants to win every single game.

What do fan expectations have to do with this though? He was successful at Oregon and I think it’s fair to say their expectations weren’t any higher there than they are at UCLA. What were the fan expectations at Clemson before Dabo Swinney? Then you see places like Nebraska where the fan expectations are national championship or bust but it’s been 2 decades since they’ve been contenders. Fan expectations don’t drive success on the field.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do fan expectations have to do with this though? He was successful at Oregon and I think it’s fair to say their expectations weren’t any higher there than they are at UCLA. What were the fan expectations at Clemson before Dabo Swinney? Then you see places like Nebraska where the fan expectations are national championship or bust but it’s been 2 decades since they’ve been contenders. Fan expectations don’t drive success on the field.

It is their culture, that's all.

It is their culture, that's all.

But I think you’re trying to make the argument that the fan culture is why UCLA can’t win the PAC 12 or be serious contenders and I don’t think I understand that logic.

I think Helton is a good coach. But I think the verdict is still out on him as far as being elite or great. Chip is considered an elite coach IMO. I think he will bring something to UCLA that hasn't been there in awhile maybe even ever. There's enough talent in LA for both teams.

I think Helton is a good coach. But I think the verdict is still out on him as far as being elite or great. Chip is considered an elite coach IMO. I think he will bring something to UCLA that hasn't been there in awhile maybe even ever. There's enough talent in LA for both teams.

Jury still out on Clay as a Head Coach. Some fans want him gone, some are supporters. USC is fine in recruiting. Like Kentucky in Basketball, they eat first.