Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Oldham County

Featured Replies

Great coach, and a steal for them. Best of luck Coach Nethery.

Agreed

  • Replies 57
  • Views 25.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality hire. Chris is very talented.

  • Author

Wow is all I can say. Seems like a reach for sure. The AD had told the kids there were 22 applicants. Surely this is not the best they can do. I am sure he is a fine man, but he has had no success as a Varsity coach. The Oldham Era article even said he’s never coached girls. Has to be more to the story than meets the eye.

Wow is all I can say. Seems like a reach for sure. The AD had told the kids there were 22 applicants. Surely this is not the best they can do. I am sure he is a fine man, but he has had no success as a Varsity coach. The Oldham Era article even said he’s never coached girls. Has to be more to the story than meets the eye.

 

You couldn’t be more off base...

  • Author

We shall see... what evidence exists that I am incorrect.

We shall see... what evidence exists that I am incorrect.

 

Before he took over the Eminence job I took my Grant County Freshman down there and beat their Varsity in a scrimmage. Netherey got the job and in a few years actually won some district regular season games.

 

I am still surprised by this because I thought the whole point in going back to Gallatin is so he could replace coach Jones whenever he retired.

  • Author

I know his wife teaches at the school and have heard she is good friends with the administration. Seems fishy. I know for a fact many others with a more sterling resume applied. Just seems odd to me. He may do great. But I will continue to have reservations until proven otherwise

Look at Gallatins record when he was there and when he wasn't. He was a major player in their success. He could still be Jones' successor. Jones hasn't ever said he was retiring. Nethery took a broken program at Eminence and built them back to respectable. He is an excellent x and o coach, good at scouting and the kids typically love him. I don't know what you have to possess in order to coach besides those qualities. He is stronger than the names I heard mentioned in this thread and he is not beholden to anyone currently on the team.

  • Author

Coaching girls and coaching boys is a totally different thing! There’s so much drama with girls and can drive coaches to leaving. He has a big adjustment going from boys to girls.

Coaching girls and coaching boys is a totally different thing! There’s so much drama with girls and can drive coaches to leaving. He has a big adjustment going from boys to girls.

 

I agree. He has two major adjustments. 1. Boys to girls. 2. Dealing with affluent kids vs dealing with less privileged kids. Both are major dynamics to deal with.

  • Author

Very true JohnsonQ. Something that gets very little attention is this... in most schools, the teachers are the most educated people these kids will encounter. At a place like Oldham, the majority of the kids come from college educated families. On this particular team, probably 90% of the kids are from educated families. Not trying to be negative in any way, just brings a different dynamic.

Who did you want to see get the job?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.