BGP QOTD: What are your favorite songs sung by female singers?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does a transgender woman count? :laugh:

British born Antony Hegarty of Antony and the Johnsons (who prefers to go by a "she" pronoun, and who also now goes by the name "Anohni") has since 2000 been putting out her unique brand of chamber/art pop that no doubt is an acquired taste, and while personally I can't handle some, or even most of her musical output, some of it has really touched my soul.

Two tunes especially are "Hope There's Someone", and "The Rapture" which have proved to move me immensely.

A third is a duet with Boy George entitled "You are my Sister" which is probably her most mainstream accessible tune...well mainstream probably isn't exactly an accurate description either. :lol2:

Warning: she's will definitely not woo anyone with looks such as Jewel or Susanna Hoffs.

I realize that some might swiftly dismiss her as a freak, but for me I literally can't listen to "Hope There's Someone" without getting choked up. It's pretty deep stuff that I have to believe lyrically almost every human being on planet earth could identify with even if perhaps they're not too keen on her style.

• 2 weeks later...