Open Job: Shelby County

Enough with the Spencer County talk taking over this thread. Until they make a region, no sense in talking about them.

I can promise you that the Shelby job is open. I don't know about all the "job postings" or Internet hackers or any of that.

Who do we think will put their name in the hat for this job? Who should Shelby pursue?

Would Holland come back? Would Bryan Hyatt ever get tired of waiting on Anderson and come to Shelby? Would they go after a coach leaving a Jefferson Co program(KCD)? Would they think about going after AAU guys?

There have to be quality coaches(head and asst) that will put in for this job.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if SCHS has their own rule where they have to post jobs every year? Coach's contracts have to be renewed every year but usually it is done behind the scenes if the coach is staying on without posting it. As mentioned SCHS has a ton of jobs posted which leads me to believe that not all coaches were let go or resigning?

Job is open. You will notice that their is quite a few head openings not on there. Football/baseball. He gone and looking for another. Fact checked!

Both of those kids are ranked top 25 on most lists for the 2021 class in the state.

Please don't quote me and then make claims like this ^. If Whitlock is as good as Stanley by his senior year, both similar build, and he might be, it would be an amazing career. But NOWHERE is Stanley a top 25 player in Kentucky this year. It doesn't diminish his accomplishments, just a matter of fact. Come on man....

Enough with the Spencer County talk taking over this thread. Until they make a region, no sense in talking about them.

I can promise you that the Shelby job is open. I don't know about all the "job postings" or Internet hackers or any of that.

Who do we think will put their name in the hat for this job? Who should Shelby pursue?

Would Holland come back? Would Bryan Hyatt ever get tired of waiting on Anderson and come to Shelby? Would they go after a coach leaving a Jefferson Co program(KCD)? Would they think about going after AAU guys?

There have to be quality coaches(head and asst) that will put in for this job.

Hearing the tall asst coach at Shelby is interested. Hyatt will never leave AC. Had a backing for the job last time and he pussed out and made several look like fools. I will go for a east end coach. Might pull some players. As far as the aau guy? Well he might be a good quality asst. he did have a great team that would be seeing a lot of playing time for Shelby this year but he talked them into going to other schools. Got to develope those kids and then build up at east middle.

Will need someone who is willing to build that program. K thru 8 will be redistricted next year.

That's funny. Burns wouldn't give them a sniff. Anyway, if you go through the top 7 teams in the region the traditional powers are losing ALOT. Spencer County actually has the most returning scoring in the region. It will be Collins, Spencer, and Gallatin next year.

Maybe you need to get out of Taylorsville and watch some games, also do a little research. Walton-Verona might just be the best in the 8th next year and I'm sure the Oldham schools will reload.

Polar Bear, Not quite sure what you are saying. I simply said that Conley and Whitlock are ranked on several websites in the top 25 for the 2021 class. They played the past two years on the top AAU team in Kentucky and were seen by many recruiting services and played all over the United States. Just letting you know where they stand now. Nobody knows the future. Someone earlier commented that Spencer County was just Conley and no one else which is ridiculous. Jackson Cole is a top 5 three point shooter in Kentucky. Jacob Seawright brings a double digit average and a top three point shooter also. I guarantee you most coaches in the 8th region know that Spencer County has a little more than just Conley.

I guess you are right cards. Why would Shelby want him?? Anderson coaches pulls his pants and spanks him in district when he was favorite.

Tommy2tone--

You have been whining about Conley leaving for two years. It's time to get over it and move on. The past two years Drury has had the upper hand with a team loaded with upperclassmen and he has gone 2-2 against Burns. I believe Collins just got handled by Anderson also.