Open Job: Shelby County

Is there really any young talent other than the 1 kid??? Honestly....

Have you been to any games??? I would assume not.

Conley got screwed out of all region team. Had better stats than 5 of the kids on the all region team and was Spencer County's best player. Spencer County was in the top 6 to 7 teams. That's one Freshman.

The freshman starting point guard Whitlock averaged near 9 points with a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio.

Both of those kids are ranked top 25 on most lists for the 2021 class in the state.

And finally, Lucas Hornback another freshman tore it up on the JV level and was a big contributor on varsity as a freshman (in the main rotation.

I would say that their freshman class is pretty good. And you never know about transfers.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you been to any games??? I would assume not.

Conley got screwed out of all region team. Had better stats than 5 of the kids on the all region team and was Spencer County's best player. Spencer County was in the top 6 to 7 teams. That's one Freshman.

The freshman starting point guard Whitlock averaged near 9 points with a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio.

Both of those kids are ranked top 25 on most lists for the 2021 class in the state.

And finally, Lucas Hornback another freshman tore it up on the JV level and was a big contributor on varsity as a freshman (in the main rotation.

I would say that their freshman class is pretty good. And you never know about transfers.

It is almost impossible to get a kid on the 8th region team when you only play 4 teams out of district. There are 9 teams that never saw Conley play, unless they were scouting someone else.

Tommy2tone-

You are correct on Conley--he would have stayed if Couch had stayed, but your post made it sound like Shelby County was a pipeline for Spencer County's success which is not true. I don't understand your comment about Collin's sophomores? Those 3 sophomores are awesome. Never said anything about Collins, but you do realize we are comparing freshmen and sophomores. Collins and Spencer will have some battles over the next two years that is for sure.

It is almost impossible to get a kid on the 8th region team when you only play 4 teams out of district. There are 9 teams that never saw Conley play, unless they were scouting someone else.

I will just say it is hard to play other teams in the region when they refuse to schedule you. All I'm going to say about that.

It is true that Spencer only has 1 kid from Shelby. However, that 1 kid is BY FAR Spencer's best player. Take him off od Spencer Co and they are the same Spencer Co they've always been. 1 region every 20 years. Not to mention, those region appearances in the past prob happened when the district used to blind draw and Shelby would draw Anderson in the 1st round. Leaving Spencer to have to beat Eminence to get to the regional.

I wonder if SCHS has their own rule where they have to post jobs every year? Coach's contracts have to be renewed every year but usually it is done behind the scenes if the coach is staying on without posting it. As mentioned SCHS has a ton of jobs posted which leads me to believe that not all coaches were let go or resigning?

Well cards if you are going to compete with Collins then you had better get some more transfers in.

Maybe Shelby will go after Burns.

That's funny. Burns wouldn't give them a sniff. Anyway, if you go through the top 7 teams in the region the traditional powers are losing ALOT. Spencer County actually has the most returning scoring in the region. It will be Collins, Spencer, and Gallatin next year.

It is true that Spencer only has 1 kid from Shelby. However, that 1 kid is BY FAR Spencer's best player. Take him off od Spencer Co and they are the same Spencer Co they've always been. 1 region every 20 years. Not to mention, those region appearances in the past prob happened when the district used to blind draw and Shelby would draw Anderson in the 1st round. Leaving Spencer to have to beat Eminence to get to the regional.

This post is so uninformed I can't even respond. Get out and watch some games and do some history research. Peace my friend.

This post is so uninformed I can't even respond. Get out and watch some games and do some history research. Peace my friend.

Uninformed? About what? Is Conley not the best player? Would Spencer be good without Conley? Inform me about that please. The 5'6" PG is not getting it done without Conley or the players who just graduated.

As for your history research, I conducted some. Spencer Co went to the region in 1998 and then again in 2011. 2018 minus 1998 is 20. In those 20 years, Spencer Co has been to the region once. Therefore, they go once every 20 years. Is that the kind of history research you were looking for?