Open Job: Bethlehem

Their numbers football wise are in serious trouble also.

Bethlehem usually only has 30-35 kids out each year anyway. So what are you hearing?

Back before Christmas I heard from an opposing coach there was some concern about Bethlehem having enough numbers to field a team. He was worried about it maybe affecting his schedule. Numbers are always a concern at small schools but it usually works out. He hasn't said anything more about it since then, either.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Campbellsville-region champs last year-only dressed about 22 guys. Numbers are perpetually an issue

I would dare say there's only about 3 or 4 teams in 1A who aren't concerned with numbers. And, it's just the nature of small school football. It's nothing against coaching or culture or anything of that nature. If there's less than 100 boys in the school, unless you've got 90%+ participation rate, you are going to have that worry.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok I thought someone was messing with me when they told me, but you saying this makes me think there is more mustard here. hmm.

There are a lot of intriguing names either just getting out or have already gotten out of public school jobs who may not be totally ready to retire their whistle yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to see Mike Glaser take his retirement at Saint Xavier in Louisville, and coach at Bethlehem High School. Mike would bring so much to this program. His enthusiasm is still unbounded. Mike would have a good ten years left in him to coach.

I would like to see Mike Glaser take his retirement at Saint Xavier in Louisville, and coach at Bethlehem High School. Mike would bring so much to this program. His enthusiasm is still unbounded. Mike would have a good ten years left in him to coach.

That somehow feels like a really weird move to make, but also one that makes a ton of sense for both sides. If Glaser is to the point where he is completely retired, this would be a great job for him and a great hire for the program.

• 3 weeks later...