Is there anything like...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect region 1 could push having between 6-7000 on Monday night. I’ve seen crowds of over 7000 at a semifinal night.

IMO, there is a major difference between having a large crowd and having great atmosphere.

BB&T is a large venue, but, unless the lower arena is sold out, the game itself becomes an exhibition because the fans are too spread out and too far from the playing floor. I suspect the same for Murray State, where I assume the 1st Region holds their tournament.

Both the 8th and 10th are held in venues where the games are played on an 84 foot floor and the fans are in much closer proximity to the action than at the larger venues.

There is a feeling of well, Tournament Time, at the Fieldhouse. The overwhelming smell of popcorn from the minute you walk in the door into the lobby, the tradition on display in the trophy cases and on the walls, and the ten degree jump in temperature and the feel and smell of 5,400 wooden seats as you enter the arena reminds me of entering the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, which also has the wooden benches (pews).