Boyle County requests to play up in 4A

PurplePride92

I love all you Boyle folks on BGP, but you're kidding yourself if you think Boyle didn't look at the new makeup of 3A and 4A and at least weigh DeSales and CAL in their decision. Obviously geographically it makes sense to play in a 4A district with Anderson, Catholic, and Bourbon, but their 3A district would have made just as much geographic sense with Garrard, Mercer, and Western Hills. Boyle is a county school with a great program but they aren't immune to talent dips and with those two private powers in Louisville getting larger and not showing many signs of talent dipping, it made perfect sense to ease on up to 4A.

Oh I get it but I just don't think Desales and CAL have shown they are world beaters yet.

Looking at last year there is no reason to believe that they could have handled Boyle. Either one. They didn't get by Mayfield and the Cards were pasted by the only team to beat Boyle. (A team that was held in check a lot of the game by the Rebels but lost a long last second FG)

In two years, when the realignment occurs, the talent core of the Rebels will be Seniors. So I don't think it's like Boyle would be afraid to compete with those privates in the first year. Maybe later, I don't know.

I just don't get the overall proof of superiority by DeSales and CAL.

They've won 3 titles in the last 5 years. But DeSales won theirs before Mayfield moved up. After the Cards moved up CAL won a title but DeSales hasn't been back to the Title Match. Who knows if they would have won both titles if Mayfield had been in the mix.

Boyle is on an upswing right now. It could dip. But Private's dip as well. Ask NCC, Cov Cath and Lex Cath.

But you are right gchs. It may have been a factor but not the only one IMO.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm sure Boyle County and Central are running from CAL and DeSales. :lol2:

And your other reason why is because? Even if you want to believe it; that's on you.

Or it was a culprit of throwing the other into the mix and not thinking they'd bounce for 4A, too.

If you can think of any other (legit) reasons then fire way. I'll wait.

And your other reason why is because? Even if you want to believe it; that's on you.

Or it was a culprit of throwing the other into the mix and not thinking they'd bounce for 4A, too.

So you're on record in the camp of Boyle County moved up to a higher class to avoid potential playoff matchups with CAL and/or DeSales?

I don't have a specific "other" reason because I am not tied to the BC program, but to suggest they are doing it because they are scared of a couple 2A teams moving up shows what you think about Coach Smith and BC.

Teams will do anything to get away from Belfry! @Watusi

Just kidding! What was the reason for the move @PurplePride92 ? Is it geographically better or what?

Couldn't tell you. The way I understand it is that the decision was made by the powers that be and that’s just how it is going to be. My gut said that when LexCath was moved up to 4A and that Mercer County was moved down to 3A was that Boyle County would request to go to 4A with LexCath. I don’t know at all if that was the thought process but that is what I expected to see happen and that is what happened. Boyle County and LexCath are 4A. Mercer County is 3A.

I love all you Boyle folks on BGP, but you're kidding yourself if you think Boyle didn't look at the new makeup of 3A and 4A and at least weigh DeSales and CAL in their decision. Obviously geographically it makes sense to play in a 4A district with Anderson, Catholic, and Bourbon, but their 3A district would have made just as much geographic sense with Garrard, Mercer, and Western Hills. Boyle is a county school with a great program but they aren't immune to talent dips and with those two private powers in Louisville getting larger and not showing many signs of talent dipping, it made perfect sense to ease on up to 4A.

Ehhh, I’m not going to go as far as saying Boyle County is running away from anyone and while Boyle County isn’t immune to talent dipping one thing I know for a fact is that Boyle County still has a ton of talent coming up. They’ll be there at the end of things next season in 3A and then when they move to 4A they’ll be even better. Boyle County is and still will be loaded.

So you're on record in the camp of Boyle County moved up to a higher class to avoid potential playoff matchups with CAL and/or DeSales?

I don't have a specific "other" reason because I am not tied to the BC program, but to suggest they are doing it because they are scared of a couple 2A teams moving up shows what you think about Coach Smith and BC.

Yes I am. I’m on record with that along with thinking Central might have stayed put, and with them knowing that LexCath isn’t the LexCath of old despite their recent success against Boyle prior to this year.

You don’t know what I think of Boyle and Chuck Smith, but since you insinuated what you think I feel then I’m here to tell you that you couldn’t be further from the truth. What he is as a coach and what their program is because of him you can’t put into words.

I’m not one bit against them or anybody else playing in classes that better serve them for whatever the reasons my be. I have zero issues with it.

Instead of spinning and condemning others opinions on why they think that, why don’t you offer up a reason as to why they went 4A?

Lastly even if your assumption was even remotely accurate about how you think I feel about Chuck Smith and Boyle County is their some kind of BGP prison a man gets sent to for that kind of thing? You couldn’t be more wrong on what you think I feel about him or their program.

Yes I am. I’m on record with that along with thinking Central might have stayed put, and with them knowing that LexCath isn’t the LexCath of old despite their recent success against Boyle prior to this year.

You don’t know what I think of Boyle and Chuck Smith, but since you insinuated what you think I feel then I’m here to tell you that you couldn’t be further from the truth. What he is as a coach and what their program is because of him you can’t put into words.

I’m not one bit against them or anybody else playing in classes that better serve them for whatever the reasons my be. I have zero issues with it.

Instead of spinning and condemning others opinions on why they think that, why don’t you offer up a reason as to why they went 4A?

Lastly even if your assumption was even remotely accurate about how you think I feel about Chuck Smith and Boyle County is their some kind of BGP prison a man gets sent to for that kind of thing? You couldn’t be more wrong on what you think I feel about him or their program.

I already said in the post you quoted that I don't know the reason as I'm not connected to BC. I simply don't think it has anything to do with CAL and DeSales. I could be wrong.

I already said in the post you quoted that I don't know the reason as I'm not connected to BC. I simply don't think it has anything to do with CAL and DeSales. I could be wrong.

I know what you said, but they moved for a reason and until somebody can legitimately point out something else I think people are kidding themselves if they don’t think CAL, DeSales and the unknown of Central leaving or not had everything to do with it.

They knew they would go with LexCath in 4A. They smashed LexCath last year. It was talked about on the LexCath thread that the pool there isn’t what it once was. I vehemently believe that Boyle looked at the two classes and said let’s try our luck in 4A.

And good for them for doing so. I can promise you I’m not a hater. As the late Bernie Mac said, “Get yours because I’m gonna get mine.”

I know what you said, but they moved for a reason and until somebody can legitimately point out something else I think people are kidding themselves if they don’t think CAL, DeSales and the unknown of Central leaving or not had everything to do with it.

They knew they would go with LexCath in 4A. They smashed LexCath last year. It was talked about on the LexCath thread that the pool there isn’t what it once was. I vehemently believe that Boyle looked at the two classes and said let’s try our luck in 4A.

And good for them for doing so. I can promise you I’m not a hater. As the late Bernie Mac said, “Get yours because I’m gonna get mine.”

You know what they say about opinions don’t you? You must either be a Cal or Desales fan or have some kind of vendetta against Boyle, if you know anything about Boyle then you know their fan base will defend them to the end when attacked or insulted. If you are a Cal or Desales fan you should be estatic that Boyle moved to 4A ‘cause I didn’t see anything out of either team this past season for Boyle to be afraid of.

Edited by Jack Lambert

You know what they say about opinions don’t you? You must either be a Cal or Desales fan or have some kind of vendetta against Boyle, if you know anything about Boyle then you know their fan base will defend them to the end when attacked or insulted. If you are a Cal or Desales fan you should be estatic that Boyle moved to 4A ‘cause I didn’t see anything out of either team this past season for Boyle to be afraid of.

I have other things that consume my time and passion than worrying about that. I have no vendetta against Boyle. Just like I don’t with others that choose to play up if it’s what’s best for them.

Like Barren County playing up? Smart. Go to one of the other threads and see where I questioned why Greenwood didn’t choose to play up in 6A?

My original thread mentioned both Central and Boyle. Why don’t you tell me why they opted to move up then? You’re taking it as a chink in the armour when I’m telling them “well played”.

I have other things that consume my time and passion than worrying about that. I have no vendetta against Boyle. Just like I don’t with others that choose to play up if it’s what’s best for them.

Like Barren County playing up? Smart. Go to one of the other threads and see where I questioned why Greenwood didn’t choose to play up in 6A?

My original thread mentioned both Central and Boyle. Why don’t you tell me why they opted to move up then? You’re taking it as a chink in the armour when I’m telling them “well played”.

Can’t tell you the exact reason why, but I do work for the school system and will eventually find out all the factors that were involved in the decision.

I don’t think Boyle would run from a particular opponent but if you can take an easier route to reach the same goal why wouldn’t you do that? I’m sure Chuck looked at the 2 classes and saw that 4A looks like a little easier route to winning titles so why not take it? The path through the playoffs in the east side of 4A doesn’t look nearly as threatening as the west side of 3A does. It’s just a smart move for the success of your program. I have no problem with it at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I told coach Leffew that some people had the notion that Boyle was running from Desales and Cal he laughed out loud and said why would we do that, he said we’re not running from any team.