10th region tournament

The Girls tournament will be Monday and Tuesday, Feb. 26-27, and Friday and Saturday, March 2-3.

The Boys tournament will be Wednesday and Thursday, Feb. 28/March 1, and Monday and Tuesday, March 5-6.

Thanks was making plane reservations to come back from Florida and now I will have to book on Monday and not wed. Thanks so much!!!!!

It's a draw- would come down to luck of draw- the above scenario would be one of three possibilities, wouldn't it ??????

Correct. No scenario is more likely to happen than another. In this case, the district that draws first (district 38) has a 1 in three chance of drawing any of the 3 other districts. Then they draw for bracket position. No one matchup or bracket layout is more likely to happen than another. The only thing that is certain is that the winners and runner up from the same region won't be on the same side of the bracket.

I don't believe that is an accurate statement (blind draw). I believe that the districts rotate picks like what was posted earlier. Can anyone verify this for the upcoming basketball draw?

Yes, they rotate order. So this year (according to the order posted), District 38 draws first. They will pick the runner up from either 37, 39 or 40. Then district 39 draws. They get one of the two 3 runners up left, and so on. Once all the match ups are set, they then draw for bracket position. District 38 winner draws first for position. They cannot be on the same side with whatever region is paired up with the region 38 runner up. So they have a 50/50 chance of being on the same side as one of the remaining two region winners.

So regardless of the order of the picks, there is no one scenario that is more likely to happen than another from the beginning.

I believe all regions do it the same guys, district champs draw for numbers 1, 3, 5 and 7 first, then district runner ups draw in opposite brackets of their district winners.

Correct, you don't draw the team you draw for a bracket position. After the four winners are in the bracket, example the first winner is Mason, the team that draws first, per District, will draw from one of three pills so Bracken can not draw Mason. If Mason was in the number one slot, Bracken could only draw slot 6 or 8.