Syracuse 78 Louisville 73

ACfan4

They could win out and he ain't getting the job. :lol2:

Really? Given the condition of the jalopy he was handed, I'd say he's navigated the season pretty well. Not good enough? Or is he just not a big enough name?

Really? Given the condition of the jalopy he was handed, I'd say he's navigated the season pretty well. Not good enough? Or is he just not a big enough name?

I think he's done a fine job there, but Louisville is a blue-blood program and they've got a guy about 90 minutes north, in Chris Mack, that would kill it there and has family ties to the Louisville area. Would be hard to give it to Padgett over the alternative options IMO.

It's not about the job David is doing. I'm confident both entities knew going in this was going to be a one season deal. Padgett will be a candidate out of respect, but he will not be the coach going forward.

It's not about the job David is doing. I'm confident both entities knew going in this was going to be a one season deal. Padgett will be a candidate out of respect, but he will not be the coach going forward.

I follow. At least he’ll have a decent start on a resumé.

Chris Mack, that would kill it there and has family ties to the Louisville area. Would be hard to give it to Padgett over the alternative options IMO.

Are people really sure about this? Nothing against Chris Mack but just don’t see him being the next Rick Pitino. I would way rather remain with a young gun, and let him learn/develop.

I know the debate will rage after the season, but I can’t seem to jump on this Chris Mack train....

Are people really sure about this? Nothing against Chris Mack but just don’t see him being the next Rick Pitino. I would way rather remain with a young gun, and let him learn/develop.

I know the debate will rage after the season, but I can’t seem to jump on this Chris Mack train....

Chris Mack is leaps and bounds ahead of Padgett, and that's no knock on David.

Chris Mack is leaps and bounds ahead of Padgett, and that's no knock on David.

Mack is part of an established group of good coaches – Chris Mack, Sean Miller, Gregg Marshall, etc.; but I like my chances with a young up and comer. Padgett may be the next Brad Stevens!!

But the way things are going with the UofL administration.... we won’t get Padgett or any of the aforementioned good coaches.... they’ll select an old geezer that will put us in the dump for years.... lol

Putrid.

Padgett is only the HC next year if none of the top candidates is willing to come in with the NCAA cloud from the adidas debacle (as opposed to the stripper debacle or the spaghetti debacle -- remember, I am a UofL fan, just tired of having to specify which debacle we are talking about) still looming.

I'd rather they extend him for a year with an explanation ("It wasn't fair to judge David on the 2017-18 season given where he came on in relation to the season so we thought it was only fair to extend the interim position for the 2018-19 season to give him a full and fair evaluation. We expect David to be given full consideration for the head coaching vacancy at the end of this season.") than make a bad hire just to have someone in place.

Putrid.

Padgett is only the HC next year if none of the top candidates is willing to come in with the NCAA cloud from the adidas debacle (as opposed to the stripper debacle or the spaghetti debacle -- remember, I am a UofL fan, just tired of having to specify which debacle we are talking about) still looming.

I'd rather they extend him for a year with an explanation ("It wasn't fair to judge David on the 2017-18 season given where he came on in relation to the season so we thought it was only fair to extend the interim position for the 2018-19 season to give him a full and fair evaluation. We expect David to be given full consideration for the head coaching vacancy at the end of this season.") than make a bad hire just to have someone in place.

Whoever is hired will be given a 5-8 year deal with A LOT of money. There will be no expectations until we know the outcome of the NCAA rulings.