Mets vs Cards Game 7

Here's something I don't understand. When its an obvious sacrifice situation with the pitcher up to bat, why give him an easy pitch to bunt? Why not make him chase a bad pitch or two?

Not sure, it seems from the letters to the eyes would be the best place. Maybe he's on a pitch count...:D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not disputing the fact that it hurt baseball, not sure where that came from. However, I will dispute the fact that anyone is a die-hard if they no longer watch baseball because of the strike 13 years ago. IMO, casual fan is more suited...

Not saying it's right or wrong, just not a die-hard.

Agreed.

It turned me into a "casual fan".

I can't tell you how many times I've had to tell people that a pitch that hits the ground and the batter next is NOT a dead ball and the batter does get first. Hopefully they're watching.

You sure about the dead ball part?

From OBR:

The ball becomes dead and runners advance one base, or return to their bases, without liability to be put out, when --

(a) A pitched ball touches a batter, or his clothing, while in his legal batting position; runners, if forced, advance;

My experience in reading the rulebook is that if there is a caveat/exception, its noted. Since its not noted, I , too, would say dead ball.