Referee loses toupee

I can attest to the risk of wearing one of these things. I wore one for a few years before I decided to simply shave my head several years ago. Best decision I ever made, lol.

I mean, if they’re taped down properly what happened to this ref won’t happen, even with a thump from a thrown basketball such as this one. However, I would advise against riding the roller coasters at King’s Island or someone sitting behind you will be wearing your hair by the time it concludes, lol.

They’ve certainly a nuisance in high wind or recreational activities such as riding a sport boat on a lake. I never had an accident but if it was windy I usually wore a cap over mine, which is a little nutty but better than what happened to the fellow in this video.

The best route to take is just go natural and live with it.

The guys doing play-by-play said, "We must have set the broadcasting world back about 30 years...because there was no holding it together." They sent the video but not the audio. That would have been fun too.

Someone said the referee had done a 5th-6th grade game a week earlier and was not wearing the hairpiece. This particular night must have been its preview. And, as it turned out, its swan song.

Guys you had to be there to appreciate it! As broadcaster said we lost it on the air. We tried to keep going the best we could, but we started getting texts as to what happened which during the broadcast even made it harder to do. This was late in the second quarter. During the halftime show we shared what we saw with our listeners and then all 3 refs came out to start the second half, and the game continued.

Yes the visiting team's coach did have on a stocking cap on his head. As an old coaching friend told me years ago, never say you have seen it all.