December 31, 20178 yr Final. Two dominating performances for the Norse as they open conference play at home. Good size crowd again, considering holiday break and no students.
December 31, 20178 yr Norse looked really good tonight. Holland and Faulkner had it locked in from deep and McDonald and Williams dominated the paint. On a related note, UIC is way too talented to get run like that. No way that should happen.
December 31, 20178 yr Read that NKU is leading the Horizon League in attendance. Great crowd considering there were 5 students.
December 31, 20178 yr My first NKU game. Took wife and kids. What a great facility and the people working couldn’t have been any nicer. As for game, a previous poster said UIC was too talented to lose like that and I’ve never seen them but they looked awful. They had trouble even dribbling sometimes. NKU I take it is a team that lives and dies by the 3? They shoot a lot of them and tonight they were way on. I’ll be back. Great time.
December 31, 20178 yr My first NKU game. Took wife and kids. What a great facility and the people working couldn’t have been any nicer. As for game, a previous poster said UIC was too talented to lose like that and I’ve never seen them but they looked awful. They had trouble even dribbling sometimes. NKU I take it is a team that lives and dies by the 3? They shoot a lot of them and tonight they were way on. I’ll be back. Great time. Up until about 2 games ago NKU was leading Division 1 teams in 2 point FG percentage and is still one of the top teams in the nation. When they are "on" the 2 point FGs in the paint are what really makes them good. Anything from outside is just gravy.
December 31, 20178 yr My first NKU game. Took wife and kids. What a great facility and the people working couldn’t have been any nicer. As for game, a previous poster said UIC was too talented to lose like that and I’ve never seen them but they looked awful. They had trouble even dribbling sometimes. NKU I take it is a team that lives and dies by the 3? They shoot a lot of them and tonight they were way on. I’ll be back. Great time. Glad you enjoyed it! As for UIC, I’m not sure what’s going on with them. #10, Diekembe Dixson, was a Star 2 years ago as a freshman. He missed all of last season with a knee injury and looked like a shell of himself last night. #21, Tai Odiase, is as athletic a guy as you’ll find in the Horizon. He was DPOY last year in the Horizon. They also have 3 talented Sophomores in Ferguson, Ottey, and Boahen who all played a lot of meaningful minutes for a team that surprised last season. They were preseason top 2-3 in the Horizon in a lot of places. Not sure what’s going on, but they look like they’ve regressed from a season ago.
December 31, 20178 yr My first NKU game. Took wife and kids. What a great facility and the people working couldn’t have been any nicer. As for game, a previous poster said UIC was too talented to lose like that and I’ve never seen them but they looked awful. They had trouble even dribbling sometimes. NKU I take it is a team that lives and dies by the 3? They shoot a lot of them and tonight they were way on. I’ll be back. Great time. I'd call them balanced. They only shot 21 threes last night, which is about average for them. Against the bigger and more athletic teams they'll shoot a little more. Last night was just a crazy first half.
December 31, 20178 yr Glad you enjoyed it! As for UIC, I’m not sure what’s going on with them. #10, Diekembe Dixson, was a Star 2 years ago as a freshman. He missed all of last season with a knee injury and looked like a shell of himself last night. #21, Tai Odiase, is as athletic a guy as you’ll find in the Horizon. He was DPOY last year in the Horizon. They also have 3 talented Sophomores in Ferguson, Ottey, and Boahen who all played a lot of meaningful minutes for a team that surprised last season. They were preseason top 2-3 in the Horizon in a lot of places. Not sure what’s going on, but they look like they’ve regressed from a season ago. They are very young but I agree--UIC is always a team that worries you before the game but then looks terrible during the game. They don't shoot outside very well and 6 to 18 ast/TO last night is a recurring issue for them. They have #21 and #32 (two big seniors) but he rotates them in and out--never on the floor at the same time. That and their lack of discipline has me questioning if Coach McLain is the right man for that job.
January 1, 20188 yr They are very young but I agree--UIC is always a team that worries you before the game but then looks terrible during the game. They don't shoot outside very well and 6 to 18 ast/TO last night is a recurring issue for them. They have #21 and #32 (two big seniors) but he rotates them in and out--never on the floor at the same time. That and their lack of discipline has me questioning if Coach McLain is the right man for that job.Much better recruiter than Coach.
January 1, 20188 yr UPSET ALERT The Northern Kentucky women's basketball team earned a huge victory on Saturday afternoon, as the Norse took down No. 19/20 Green Bay by a final score of 62-54. NKU improves to 3-10 overall and 1-1 in the Horizon League, while Green Bay falls to 11-2 and 1-1 in League play.
January 1, 20188 yr Next up for the NKU Men: NEXT UP NKU will head to Oakland on Friday, Jan. 5, for a nationally-televised game. Tipoff is scheduled for 9 p.m., and the game will be broadcast live on ESPN2.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.