Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Rogers Clark vs Ashland predictions

Which team will win? 19 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

GRC, 5-2, travels Monday to take on unbeaten Ashland. I really don't know how to predict the out come of this game. I do know it is hard to go into Ashland and come out with a win. What do some of you other posters think?

Should be a good one. On the road 16th region officials I'd have to give Ashland a slight edge.

GRC, 5-2, travels Monday to take on unbeaten Ashland. I really don't know how to predict the out come of this game. I do know it is hard to go into Ashland and come out with a win. What do some of you other posters think?

 

Beating Ashland at their place would be something nice to have on your resume if your GRC. Think Falmouth x2.

On a side note, love watching games in their gym as well as The Woodshed

GRC wins by 10-15 points

ALL GRC,

 

No way a 16th region team beats a top 10th region team this season. APB will have a nice season and they deserve it but GRC won’t be a part of that story in APB win column.

Ashland wins 65-57.

Prior to the season I figured this would surely be a loss for my Tomcats, but now I'm not so sure. Looking at Ashland's regular season schedule a while back I figured Capital (WV) and GRC would be the two toughest teams Ashland plays this season. Ashland made short work of Capital which was ranked #2 or #3 in WV at the time. I think this one will be a close game going any way, but it isn't easy to pick up a win in James A. Anderson when Ashland has a solid team.

@gold sunrise are you coming up for this one?

  • Author
Prior to the season I figured this would surely be a loss for my Tomcats, but now I'm not so sure. Looking at Ashland's regular season schedule a while back I figured Capital (WV) and GRC would be the two toughest teams Ashland plays this season. Ashland made short work of Capital which was ranked #2 or #3 in WV at the time. I think this one will be a close game going any way, but it isn't easy to pick up a win in James A. Anderson when Ashland has a solid team.

@gold sunrise are you coming up for this one?

 

No I will not making the trip, wish I could, but I plan to listen and give updates here on BGP.

Are you going? If so give us a report on what you think of my Cards and bench. Think we have one of the strongest benches around. Play 10 deep at least.

 

I agree hard to get a win there. Believe it could go either way.

No I will not making the trip, wish I could, but I plan to listen and give updates here on BGP.

Are you going? If so give us a report on what you think of my Cards and bench. Think we have one of the strongest benches around. Play 10 deep at least.

 

I agree hard to get a win there. Believe it could go either way.

 

I may or may not make it, I would have made it a point to go if you were coming up though. We're in the middle of a remodel of the house and I'm not sure it's going to get done before Christmas so I've been helping the contractors some after I get off work. I may still go though and if I do I'll give a breakdown of the game and each team. Like you I feel like this should be a really good game that could go either way. I have been really impressed with my Tomcats thus far though, particularly the 23 point win over a top 5 WV team, but it's hard to judge those out of state teams as in general, Kentucky basketball is just better as a whole.

Ashland has a nice team and it is a tough place to win. Whistle will be huge as 16th officials seem to call games tighter than other regions. With that being said GRC is too deep they pull away late win by 8-10 points

  • Author
I may or may not make it, I would have made it a point to go if you were coming up though. We're in the middle of a remodel of the house and I'm not sure it's going to get done before Christmas so I've been helping the contractors some after I get off work. I may still go though and if I do I'll give a breakdown of the game and each team. Like you I feel like this should be a really good game that could go either way. I have been really impressed with my Tomcats thus far though, particularly the 23 point win over a top 5 WV team, but it's hard to judge those out of state teams as in general, Kentucky basketball is just better as a whole.

 

Can you give me some of what to look for tonight, players, ,match up. Are they a rebounding team, 3 point team? Pressing team? Do they have much height?Thanks :thumb:

Can you give me some of what to look for tonight, players, ,match up. Are they a rebounding team, 3 point team? Pressing team? Do they have much height?Thanks :thumb:

 

I'll never tell. :sssh:

 

Seriously though, I haven't had a chance to see Ashland in person this season. But from what I do know they are a good shooting team, whether it be 2's, 3's or free throws they shoot a high percentage in general. They don't have a lot of height, but still manage to rebound pretty well. In years past you would see some press from coach Howell, so I would expect to see some tonight unless he just feels like it's not a good option for a team like GRC, given their athleticism and depth.

 

Typically coach Howell likes to run a somewhat high paced offense, but it does vary from game to game depending on who they are playing. In the Capital game for instance, his game plan going in was to actually try and slow the game down a bit compared to how we would normally run our offense. But the coaching staff saw something early in the game that changed their mind and they went with an up tempo offense. Ironically enough, Ashland won that game 85-62, which is Ashland's highest point total this season.

  • Author
I'll never tell. :sssh:

 

Seriously though, I haven't had a chance to see Ashland in person this season. But from what I do know they are a good shooting team, whether it be 2's, 3's or free throws they shoot a high percentage in general. They don't have a lot of height, but still manage to rebound pretty well. In years past you would see some press from coach Howell, so I would expect to see some tonight unless he just feels like it's not a good option for a team like GRC, given their athleticism and depth.

 

Typically coach Howell likes to run a somewhat high paced offense, but it does vary from game to game depending on who they are playing. In the Capital game for instance, his game plan going in was to actually try and slow the game down a bit compared to how we would normally run our offense. But the coaching staff saw something early in the game that changed their mind and they went with an up tempo offense. Ironically enough, Ashland won that game 85-62, which is Ashland's highest point total this season.

 

Thanks so much for the info. I know we hit the boards hard and ,make a lot of assists by giving that extra pass. We have a very unselfish team. They just want to win.

 

Not sure I will be able to give updates. I have a middle school game I really need to go to. My sons best friend which seems like my own is coaching the visiting team.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.