Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland @ Johnson Central

Featured Replies

What are everyones predictions on this game?

  • Replies 86
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JC by two touchdowns...at least.

I have waited on this game for a year now and here it is. After watching Ashland tonight against LC I am very optimistic about the way the game will go down. Thomas is a good running back but the fact that he doesnt hit the hole and trys to dance in the backfield leads me to believe that the JC defense will shut him down. Mahan is a good QB but the solid D-End play of JC should keep his scrambling ability limited and will make him rely on his arm which looked someone skeptical tonight as he under threw alot of passes. I believe that the balance of running backs along with the ability to pass will be enough the keep Ashland on their toes and off balance. I believe this game will be close and that the Ashland team I saw tonight will not be the team I see this coming Friday. I believe their will be alot of emotions in this game on both sides which should make for some good head knocking action. With all that said I think that JC is the more talented, deep, and dominant team and with this one in "The Nest" JC should roll. My prediction:

 

Johnson Central: 35

Ashland: 14

Good post JC Alumni 76... I believe that JC's defense and depth will put them 9-0 and 4-0 in the district. JC's offense will have to play keep away (which they can do) for the majority of the game. But Ashland is Ashland. This is going to be the best team JC has seen all year.

 

This game needs to be on h.s.sportsrbest's game of the week poll.

The team with the fewer errors in this game, will walk away as district champs. I think it comes down to a field goal again this year.

JC 42

Ashland 14

After talking with several Johnson Countians earlier this week, if it is a field goal by Ashland it better split the uprights. I have rarely seen fans more focused than are these guys and they don't remotely believe it will come down to a field goal. As an outsider, I just hope that Thomas has a big game. Everything else can unfold as it may.

If Johnson Central wins or draws the take-away stat, the Golden Eagles will win by 21 or more. If Ashland wins the turnover battle, then the game may be closer. I don't think that we will see a repeat of the Golden Eagles' playoff performance against Madison Southern last season.

 

This is a much better defense than the one that held Ashland to 13 at Putnam last season and I just don't see the Tomcats scoring much more this season unless the Golden Eagles repeatedly turn the ball over deep in their own territory. If Johnson Central leads at halftime, Ashland could be in deep trouble.

After talking with several Johnson Countians earlier this week, if it is a field goal by Ashland it better split the uprights. I have rarely seen fans more focused than are these guys and they don't remotely believe it will come down to a field goal. As an outsider, I just hope that Thomas has a big game. Everything else can unfold as it may.

 

After watching Thomas last night against LC, I dont think he will reach 100 yds this game. He seems to dance around to much in the backfield instead of just hitting the hole and that will hurt him against the quick D-line and very solid LB's of Johnson Central. Most of his yards last night were off of plays to the outside but the D-ends will probably be told to turn everything inside and allow Tackett and Johnson to make the tackles. Thomas is a good RB but I dont expect him to have to much success just as all the other RB's of other teams havent.

This will probably be the first game that Matney will leave in his starting offense and defense. JC has a great offense, but, I still believe JC's defense will win this game.

I expect this to be alot closer than some people think Ashland will be ready and it will be a good game.

 

Ashland 28

 

Johnson Central 27

Ashland 62

Central 2

 

Ashland's JV should get in early.

Ashland 62

Central 2

 

Ashland's JV should get in early.

Uh... are you sure you dont have the teams mixed up? :confused:

Uh... are you sure you dont have the teams mixed up? :confused:

 

We call it Sarcaism. He is JC poster.:D

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.