Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pikeville 21 Jenkins 14

Featured Replies

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to rant about the officiating crew for this game. This might have been the most imcompetent crew Ive ever seen( and watching HS sports in EKY as long as I have Ive seen some doozies). First off the refs let the game start without a "chain gang" in place and had to stop the game till one was rounded up. Then the line judge (I believe?) throws a flag for holding on Pikeville then blows the whistle before the play is over negating the penalty. Granted that helped Pikeville but it was a bonehead move that makes everyone look bad. Then in the 4th quarter the refs had no idea and had to conference about whether it was 3rd or 4th down when Pikeville was driving. Luckily the game didnt hinge on the outcome of some dumb call that one of these guys made. That would have been a shame for both teams.

This is the most surprising score of the night, maybe of the year.

 

There's no excuse for a score like this if you're Pikeville, even if the Jenkins coaching staff was calling the game.

There's no excuse for a score like this if you're Pikeville, even if the Jenkins coaching staff was calling the game.

 

I agree...

I thought Pikeville would have dominated this one.

I thought Pikeville would have dominated this one.

 

Probably should have on paper but thats why the game is played.

It could be panic time amongst the powers in Pike Co. this week.

 

I believe both Pikeville and Belfry will respond, but this past week certainly calls into question just how good they are.

Gratz to the Cavs, theyve worked hard to improve considering the obstacles they had to overcome the last few years. :thumb: :thumb:

I think the future is going to look real good for the Panthers!! They have a good freshman QB named Blake Branham!! His brother Matt was the QB for Pikeville in the past and holds almost every record!! Blake can read the defense unlike any freshman I have seen in the past! He will be a big aspect in the near future for the panthers and maybe next year if he works hard enough!! I would love to see this kid play on Fridays!!

Pikeville needs to step it up with Hazard and Paintsville coming up in the next 2 weeks and then the playoffs. I don't know what has been going on the past 2 weeks but if the Panthers don't start playing like they are capable of playing it is going to be another disappointing ending to the season.

 

Having said that I say we will see a different team take the field next Friday against Hazard...

 

Not to take anything away from Jenkins (if East Kentucky was the SEC, Jenkins would be UK...close, but no signature win), but in 2006, Pikeville has played up to the competition. To wit, Jenkins and Phelps (yes, 79-6 Phelps) taking Henry Clay into the second half, or going toe to toe with Belfry? :lol: Pikeville is fine, and will avenge Hazard and thump Paintsville. Pikeville will host 2 playoff games because of this rediculous playoff change, then who knows what will happen. If I understand correctly, district winners in Region 8 will host as long as they win, up until the finals.

Not to take anything away from Jenkins (if East Kentucky was the SEC, Jenkins would be UK...close, but no signature win), but in 2006, Pikeville has played up to the competition. To wit, Jenkins and Phelps (yes, 79-6 Phelps) taking Henry Clay into the second half, or going toe to toe with Belfry? :lol: Pikeville is fine, and will avenge Hazard and thump Paintsville. Pikeville will host 2 playoff games because of this rediculous playoff change, then who knows what will happen. If I understand correctly, district winners in Region 8 will host as long as they win, up until the finals.

 

Region 3 was the semi-state host last year, i assume Region 4 will host this year?

Not to take anything away from Jenkins (if East Kentucky was the SEC, Jenkins would be UK...close, but no signature win), but in 2006, Pikeville has played up to the competition. To wit, Jenkins and Phelps (yes, 79-6 Phelps) taking Henry Clay into the second half, or going toe to toe with Belfry? :lol: Pikeville is fine, and will avenge Hazard and thump Paintsville. Pikeville will host 2 playoff games because of this rediculous playoff change, then who knows what will happen. If I understand correctly, district winners in Region 8 will host as long as they win, up until the finals.

 

I'm not sure I'm following you. They beat Phelps 48-20 and Jenkins 21-14. that adds up to 69-34. There is no 79-6 in there anywhere. Yes, they played Henry Clay tough for a half in the first game of the year. Was that due to Henry Clay trying to find themselves or Pikeville being that good. Is Pikeville as good as they looked against Belfrey who lost to only a decent SC team or as bad as they looked against Jenkins? I'd say somewhere in between. Either way some of the people on here that have said that Somerset has "little or no chance of coming into Pikeville and winning" should maybe rethink that. After all the Panthers only put 21 points on the board against a Jenkins team that had allowed 21 more points than Somerset against seriously inferior competition. Am I saying Somerset would win? Nope, just that they're right up there with the Panthers.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.