Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pikeville 21 Jenkins 14

Featured Replies

Billyrayjoebob, where are you? I have the utmost respect for the Panthers but you said that the Jumpers had little or no chance of coming into Pikeville and winning. I haven't heard anything since your struggle with Jenkins, do you still feel Somerset has NO chance?

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

^^IF Pikeville hosts the regional championship game, it will be VERY hard for ANYONE to come in and beat them. But not impossible. Still not sure which Pikeville team is the real one...the one that crushed Prestonsburg and played Belfry to the wire, or the imposters who have took the field the last two games. We will find out all we need to know about Pikeville this Friday. If they don't straighten up, there won't be a regional championship game played at Pikeville.

Of course if the Jumper defense that has shown up the last 2 weeks--that you made so much fun of--shows up with the offense that has been averaging over 60 points the last four weeks, I'd have to say that Somerset has a better than average chance of beating anyone in the region. True we haven't been beating Belfry and Prestonsburg but we haven't been struggling with Jenkins and Phelps either. All of our district games have been over before the half. The Jumpers can play with any team in this region, anywhere, Pikeville included.

  • Author
Of course if the Jumper defense that has shown up the last 2 weeks--that you made so much fun of--shows up with the offense that has been averaging over 60 points the last four weeks, I'd have to say that Somerset has a better than average chance of beating anyone in the region. True we haven't been beating Belfry and Prestonsburg but we haven't been struggling with Jenkins and Phelps either. All of our district games have been over before the half. The Jumpers can play with any team in this region, anywhere, Pikeville included.

 

Hopefully we will find out.

Hopefully we will find out.

 

That's true, with apologies to Harlan I feel like these two are the class of the region this year, and earlier I thought Somerset was playing for second but I think with their defensive improvement and their offense they've got a shot of winning this.......Not saying I will but I think that most people were giving the region to Pikeville earlier....I don't think it will be quite so easy....

  • Author
That's true, with apologies to Harlan I feel like these two are the class of the region this year, and earlier I thought Somerset was playing for second but I think with their defensive improvement and their offense they've got a shot of winning this.......Not saying I will but I think that most people were giving the region to Pikeville earlier....I don't think it will be quite so easy....
It won't be easy. Pikeville needs to beat Hazard this week to get back on track. One thing though, it's too early to say Somerset's defense has improved. Shutting Pineville and Evarts down doesn't mean Somerset can stop a good team.

I don't know about the Jumpers' defense, but I'm guessing Somerset would have scored more than 21 against Jenkins.

  • Author

And I'm guessing Pikeville would have held Franklin Co. under 70, with the dogs called off early...

 

We can argue until the cows come home, it may not even be Somerset and Pikeville.

Pikeville won't get past the 1st round if they continue to play like they have the past 2 weeks...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.