Walton-Verona 51 Gallatin County 31

Both teams played hard and it was a single digit lead for WV until midway through the 4th qtr. Stanley carried WV early scoring their first 7 points. Hope Miles recovers, he looked to be in a lot of pain and it was his left shoulder (and he's a lefty). That might be a nagging injury. Hope for the best. I was impressed with Gallatin. Kids just know how to play ball. Knock down a few more shots and its might be a different ball game if they meet again.

Easy can be said for WV. They missed a lot of outside shots that those kids normally make. Think they only made 3 from the outside if I'm not mistaken. However, like I've said before, GC def plays hard nosed all the time.

Both teams played hard and it was a single digit lead for WV until midway through the 4th qtr. Stanley carried WV early scoring their first 7 points. Hope Miles recovers, he looked to be in a lot of pain and it was his left shoulder (and he's a lefty). That might be a nagging injury. Hope for the best. I was impressed with Gallatin. Kids just know how to play ball. Knock down a few more shots and its might be a different ball game if they meet again.

What were you impressed with by Gallatin?

They were held to 31 points and lost by 20.

This doesnt sound very impressive.

What were you impressed with by Gallatin?

They were held to 31 points and lost by 20.

This doesnt sound very impressive.

I guess the reason for saying that I was impressed with Gallatin was, they competed from the tip and didn't back down. Walton is bigger and top ranked in the region (or near the top). They guarded hard, rebounded fairly well, were quicker than you would think and were never really out of the game until the 4 min mark or so of the 4th qtr. Gallatin will win a lot of games this year. Walton won by 20 but I wouldn't call it a beat down.

Score was 39-28 with about 4:30 left.

Again, this still doesnt sound impressive but actually sounds worse. They only scored 3 points while allowing 12 in the final 4:30.

To me, any HS that only scores 31 points in a game and loses by 20 should not be considered impressive but maybe i have different standards. I also dont feel that everyone should get a participation trophy.

Maybe a better comment would be that Gallatin played hard but was out matched.

Again, this still doesnt sound impressive but actually sounds worse. They only scored 3 points while allowing 12 in the final 4:30.

To me, any HS that only scores 31 points in a game and loses by 20 should not be considered impressive but maybe i have different standards. I also dont feel that everyone should get a participation trophy.

Sorry, didn’t intend to impede on your impressive opinion. What I was trying to say, was the game was fairly close for 3.5 quarters, although WV was probably in control the whole game. As far as your participation trophy.......go study proctology.

Gallatin was not good offensively. I don't hear anyone arguing your point. WV is very good defensively. They took Gallatin out of their game. Gallatin has shot well all season. I give WV credit for GC s sub par game. I'm not willing to say Gallatin can't fix their problems yet. They had several good looks and missed. The season is young. WV is better today.

12-3 runs happen all the time in basketball. That this one occurred over the final 4:30 just means WV is closing out games.

Let’s not discount the fact that Walton was the only team in the 8th last season to allow less than 1600 points (1554) while playing four more games than the only other teams to allow less than 1700. (Spencer Co- 1608 and SK- 1641)