Giants bench Eli Manning

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm picking Eli over Bortles to be my quarterback any day of the week. Heck, I'd take Eli over half the guys in the league, and in reality over all but about 10. But he isn't and he's never been one of the top 4 or 5 guys in the league. That's all I'm saying. I understand you're a fan, and he's directed your team to a couple Super Bowl wins.

Im in the same camp as you about Eli. Ive always felt Eli was on average Giants teams at best, even the SB years.

Im in the same camp as you about Eli. Ive always felt Eli was on average Giants teams at best, even the SB years.

The Giants best team under Eli didn't win a super bowl imo. They were 10-1 in 2008 before Plax shot himself and ruined the season. They beat both super bowl participants and had a good shot at another super bowl run.

That team was dominant before the shooting.

The super bowl team in 07 was good, but very good at the right time.

The 2011 team was mostly Eli and Cruz/Nicks making up for a terrible defense. The defense got hot in the playoffs and that helped them take down Rodgers and Green Bay in Lambeau, and eventually Brady again in the super bowl. But while the defense was great in those playoffs, Eli was even better. He played his best that year imo.

I listen to Dan PAtrick pretty religiously. I like the show, but I just cant wrap my head around the fact that he has referred to Eli as a future hall of famer. All they can bring up is the two superbowl championships. For me he is a good quarterback who was very fortunate in the first one. If all it takes is to have to titles to your name why isnt Jim Plunkett in? He threw far less than Eli.

I listen to Dan PAtrick pretty religiously. I like the show, but I just cant wrap my head around the fact that he has referred to Eli as a future hall of famer. All they can bring up is the two superbowl championships. For me he is a good quarterback who was very fortunate in the first one. If all it takes is to have to titles to your name why isnt Jim Plunkett in? He threw far less than Eli.

He's top 10 all time in a few statistics categories and he was MVP of both of those super bowls. Only a handful of people that have ever walked the earth can say that.

He is also the best QB to ever play for a storied franchise with 4 super bowls and several NFL Championships.

Isn't the ultimate goal championships? He was fortunate in both super bowls. Almost every winner is lucky in some way. He also made several key plays that helped win both games.

He's number 7 all time in yards and TD's and has 2 super bowls. And it's not like he was Brad Johnson in those super bowls. Is it really a discussion whether or not he's a HOF'er?

Also top 10 in completions and has second longest streak for starts by a QB behind Favre...

Also one of only 5 players EVER to win multiple super bowl MVPs

Bart Starr

Terry Bradshaw

Joe Montana

Tom Brady

Eli Manning