Giants bench Eli Manning

It just makes no sense to do that to a legacy QB like him at this point in the year with Geno Smith as the backup. Ride out the year and move on in the off-season. It was tough to watch his interview at his locker.

Maybe they are trying to protect Webb from being blasted by fans and the media for replacing Eli. Maybe they are making Geno the sacrificial lamb for the rest of the year and can lose games and get a better pick next year and in the process everyone doesn’t hold Webb accountable for Eli’s benching.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad the Giants waited till now. Eli could have been traded to the Packers when AR got hurt.

The Packers couldn't have fit Eli's salary on their roster with what they are already paying Rodgers. Very few teams were in a situation where they could have traded for Eli mid season. The salary cap makes it really hard to trade high paid stars during the season in the NFL.

The Packers couldn't have fit Eli's salary on their roster with what they are already paying Rodgers. Very few teams were in a situation where they could have traded for Eli mid season. The salary cap makes it really hard to trade high paid stars during the season in the NFL.

Maybe so, some of AR salary cap for this year should have moved to the IR pool (when he went on IR) but it may not have been enough, I know its not full salary but there is some calculated scale. Forgot about Eli having a high contract.

Maybe so, some of AR salary cap for this year should have moved to the IR pool (when he went on IR) but it may not have been enough, I know its not full salary but there is some calculated scale. Forgot about Eli having a high contract.

$21 million/year. Eli also has a no trade clause, so I doubt he would have accepted a trade to GB to be a starter for half a year. And now, he might refuse any trade to screw with the Giants and force them to release him. Eli has the Giants by the proverbial short hairs.

$21 million/year. Eli also has a no trade clause, so I doubt he would have accepted a trade to GB to be a starter for half a year. And now, he might refuse any trade to screw with the Giants and force them to release him. Eli has the Giants by the proverbial short hairs.

I think to Green Bay for a year he may have considered it, at the time GB was a contender. Good for Eli, Hopefully he ends up somewhere he can win next year and not in a dump like Cleveland.

I think to Green Bay for a year he may have considered it, at the time GB was a contender. Good for Eli, Hopefully he ends up somewhere he can win next year and not in a dump like Cleveland.

Eli will be deciding where he wants to play next year. Lots of good options with decent teams who need a QB---Denver, J-Ville, possibly Washington (if Cousins leaves), Buffalo etc. The Giants will be forced to cut him if he refuses a trade (which he will if he doesn't like the situation) or trade him to a team he wants to go to (which won't happen because the Giants won't get any good deal since they have no leverage).

Are you sure he is that much better?

Eli- 2411 YDS 14 TDs 7INTs 84.1 QBR 219 YDS/G Bonus: 25 rushing yards

Bortles- 2244 YDS 12 TD 8 INT 79.5 QBR 204 YRDS/G Bonus: 257 rushing yards

I know you are gonna throw out all stats and say your boy is way better because he's your boy, but he really isnt that much better. He would be on the same level as Blake this year on the Jags team with his limited mobility and nobody to throw to.

Yes, Eli is better. His numbers are better even this year, and he has been throwing to Roger Lewis, Tavarres King and Travis Rudolph.

Bortles has Lee, Hurns and a much better running game, and Eli still has better numbers.

Go compare their last 4 years, since Bortles came in the league. Eli is better.

Then go ignore the last 4 years and this year, because Eli has been better and still is.

I'm picking Eli over Bortles to be my quarterback any day of the week. Heck, I'd take Eli over half the guys in the league, and in reality over all but about 10. But he isn't and he's never been one of the top 4 or 5 guys in the league. That's all I'm saying. I understand you're a fan, and he's directed your team to a couple Super Bowl wins.

Are you sure he is that much better?

Eli- 2411 YDS 14 TDs 7INTs 84.1 QBR 219 YDS/G Bonus: 25 rushing yards

Bortles- 2244 YDS 12 TD 8 INT 79.5 QBR 204 YRDS/G Bonus: 257 rushing yards

I know you are gonna throw out all stats and say your boy is way better because he's your boy, but he really isnt that much better. He would be on the same level as Blake this year on the Jags team with his limited mobility and nobody to throw to.

What's a qbs best friend? A strong running game. Bortles has that. Which does give him more wide open throws because of play action. Teams don't worry about Bortles beating them. In fact teams would rather Bortles beat them. While Eli also has a bad line, no wrs, and no running game. Yet he still has slightly better stats than Bortles. So I do think halfback has a point that Eli is better.

I'm picking Eli over Bortles to be my quarterback any day of the week. Heck, I'd take Eli over half the guys in the league, and in reality over all but about 10. But he isn't and he's never been one of the top 4 or 5 guys in the league. That's all I'm saying. I understand you're a fan, and he's directed your team to a couple Super Bowl wins.

We are having two different discussions because i never said that.