#3 Johnson Central vs. #5 Franklin-Simpson (4A State Final)

16thBBall Fan

4A State Championship Who wins?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. 4A State Championship Who wins?

• Johnson Central
    • Franklin-Simpson

Battle between two teams who like to run the ball. I give Johnson Central the edge on the ground. Franklin-Simpson will need to connect on a few passes against the Golden Eagles to keep them honest as their defense goes up against a very good run team every practice.

I agree with the previous post that this game will be much more competitive, with JC pulling away late for a two score win.

To the Franklin-Simpson fans, how different is this years team compared to last? JC has alot of new faces on both sides of the ball, but still plenty of returning experience (collectively still very young on both offense and defense). Does Franklin-Simpson return alot of experience from last years title game? Who are some play makers to watch for?

To the Franklin-Simpson fans, how different is this years team compared to last? JC has alot of new faces on both sides of the ball, but still plenty of returning experience (collectively still very young on both offense and defense). Does Franklin-Simpson return alot of experience from last years title game? Who are some play makers to watch for?

One big plus for FS this year is they are heading into the title game healthy. Last year our best D-Lineman got injured in the semifinal game and was not effective in the title game. Then our biggest lineman was injured and out of the game on the second play. Then it just snowballed from there. JC punched FS in the mouth and FS was not able to respond. At least this year FS comes in with a better idea of how good JC is.

The offensive line returns only one starter but the young guys starting this year seem to be bigger and maybe better than last year. Collins line was huge on both sides but FS handled them well most of the night. We have lots of experience in the backfield with three 1000 yard rushers and a fourth who can take it to the house anytime he touches it. Lots of experience also in the linebackers.

FS has done a good job in recent years of getting more different players on the field. Not many play both ways and FS has looked fresher late in games because of that. Not much has changed in our schemes offensively but the coaching staff is good at making adjustments when needed. FS has the ability to pass when needed but hasn't had to do much of it.

I expect a closer game this year. I know most people are predicting a JC win by a smaller margin than last year. I can fully understand that prediction and if I were not a fan would probably feel the same way. I just think there is something special about this FS team. They are more battle-tested this year and have a no-quit attitude. I will predict the upset...FS by 3.

One big plus for FS this year is they are heading into the title game healthy. Last year our best D-Lineman got injured in the semifinal game and was not effective in the title game. Then our biggest lineman was injured and out of the game on the second play. Then it just snowballed from there. JC punched FS in the mouth and FS was not able to respond. At least this year FS comes in with a better idea of how good JC is.

The offensive line returns only one starter but the young guys starting this year seem to be bigger and maybe better than last year. Collins line was huge on both sides but FS handled them well most of the night. We have lots of experience in the backfield with three 1000 yard rushers and a fourth who can take it to the house anytime he touches it. Lots of experience also in the linebackers.

FS has done a good job in recent years of getting more different players on the field. Not many play both ways and FS has looked fresher late in games because of that. Not much has changed in our schemes offensively but the coaching staff is good at making adjustments when needed. FS has the ability to pass when needed but hasn't had to do much of it.

I expect a closer game this year. I know most people are predicting a JC win by a smaller margin than last year. I can fully understand that prediction and if I were not a fan would probably feel the same way. I just think there is something special about this FS team. They are more battle-tested this year and have a no-quit attitude. I will predict the upset...FS by 3.

Wonderful insight! Thank you for the information.

I'm definitely on board with the notion that this will be a much more competitive game than last year's. JC hasn't been as sharp on defense this season. They put together a historically dominant playoff run in 2016 that was due just as much to their defense as it was their offense. JC only gave up 15 points last postseason, including shutouts of Ashland, Wayne County, & FS. This year, Ashland and Wayne County combined to score 51. I'm not suggesting that JC's defense is a sieve this year. Merely that they're not the suffocating unit of a year ago. This could be a bit of a shootout, or at least as much of a shootout as two run heavy teams are capable of.

This could be a bit of a shootout, or at least as much of a shootout as two run heavy teams are capable of[/b].

Yes, both of these teams are very run heavy. However, they both have playmakers that could take it to the house every time they touch the ball. FS found themselves in a shootout last week with a very good passing team in Collins and kept up with them and came out on top in the end. Between Tre Bass, Saul Brady, newfound playmaker James Baker, as well as the rest of the wildcat offense, I would not be surprised to see points put on the scoreboard in Lexington. Go Cats!

Sorry Fast, I've been covered up.

I think this should be a much closer game than last year.

To me which team makes more wrinkles to their offense going in and which defense makes better adjustments. Johnson Central is the favorite but a lot of that is because of last year.

I think the Ashland loss ticked JC off and they have played VERY well since then. Franklin has come on since their early season losses. Which team has the better OLine? I don't know. That will be important.

But when it's all said and done, I'll take the team that wins the turnover battle.

Who is that? We'll find out today.

Respect JC, but they got the win last year and am pulling for Franklin Simpson to bring one home today! Good luck to both teams!