Franklin-Simpson 42 Collins 38

16thBBall Fan

What a game. Officials got a little too involved in the second half but it seemed to go both ways mostly. Maybe due to being a seven man crew.

JR Lucas, the Collins QB, is really something else. He is the heart and soul of that Collins team. Torched the FS secondary several times and was so hard to catch when the pass rush got to him.

Collins line was big but FS ran through them in the first half with little trouble. Titans line played much better in the second half.

Can't say enough about our Wildcats. So many big plays when they were needed most. James Baker's big run up the middle to break a tie. Tre Bass with a long TD run just before the half. Saul Brady's big kick return that set up Carlos McKinney's winning TD run. Rylan Thomas's pass and Jevon Covington's TD catch late. Fumble recovery late to stop Collins last drive and I missed who recovered it. The offensive line dominated much of the game. The defensive line got good pressure with only a three man rush. Couldn't name everyone who made big plays tonight. Seems like we only notice the ones with the ball in their hands but so many more contributed.

Coach Preston and the rest of the staff do a great job with making adjustments in the game and sticking with what works. Great job with that and with scheduling tougher games this year to help the Wildcats prepare for the playoffs. Those big losses to Elizabethtown and South Warren early hurt at the time but helped in the long run.

Big challenge next week but the Wildcats will be ready and will give it their best shot.

Go Big Blue!!!!!

It appears that total offense for FS was 452, Collins 446.

Lucas was deadly accurate. He had to be because he was hitting pretty well covered receivers full stride.

The FS ground game was relentless. Brady, Bass, Baker, and McKinney all were major contributors. Brady’s 85+ yd KO return will go into the FS archives as one of the all time great efforts.

Say a prayer for Saul tonight as he lost his beloved grandfather Thursday. Saul is a great kid and a tough as nails competitor.

The performance by JR Lucas is one of, if not the best ever, at Shadetree Stadium. If an MVP for the semi final game were chosen he would have gotten my vote. He was clearly the MVP for his team. Without JR the Titans would have struggled greatly.

He can throw and he has four receivers that can find a spot on the field. JR can also run and avoid a relentless rush. I doubt he has seen more pressure than he did Friday night. I said in an earlier post that he would be hard to corner in a phone booth. I was right.

That game was decided by a razor. The FS passing yardage was a little more than Collins' rushing yardage. One more turnover by Collins. A FG instead of a TD or we might still be playing.