Quaker Valley (PA) 2 Aliquippa (PA) 0

Football. A safety early in the game.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I think TAC used a little TIC there having some fun knowing it was a safety, but comparing the score to.........................

I for one have never witnessed a 2-0 game.

I am posting this one because it was my first ever 2-0 game.

Anyone else see a game end, with the score 2-0?

This was a district championship game, played at Heinz field in Pa last weekend.:eek:

That's pretty cool.

How good were the teams compared to good Ohio teams you have seen?

I am posting this one because it was my first ever 2-0 game.

Anyone else see a game end, with the score 2-0?

This was a district championship game, played at Heinz field in Pa last weekend.:eek:

Was the Offenses that bad or just the defenses that good?

That's pretty cool.

How good were the teams compared to good Ohio teams you have seen?

Aliquippa. was as athletic as any team I have watched this season, with maybe the exception of Huntington, W VA.

They were rated in the top ten in the state of Pa.

They had 18 penalties after three quarters.

I think the wet grass field at Heinz field and rain got to them.

Quaker Valley was rated, I believe # 6 in the state and was more of your blue collar working team, who played clean and as a unit.

I would put them a little below Mentor here and a little better than teams like Canton McKinley and Centerville.

In hearing the locals talk,even though Aliquippa was the higher rated team, they were suppose to win.

Was the Offenses that bad or just the defenses that good?

This was the most exciting of the 4 games, I watched on this day.

Defense, especially for Quaker Valley was that good. They played as one, where as Aliquippa played as individuals.

I think both offense minus the rain and wet grass field was of the high octane variety.

Both defenses overall was as good as I have watched and I believe on a normal field, I would have said the same thing.

They played against each other during the season and Aliquippa won 22-7.

I did hear several parents say this was the worse field they played on all season and it was an injustice to all 8 schools having to play there, especially when most of the local colleges had turf and would have all been able to handle the crowds.

This was the most exciting of the 4 games, I watched on this day.

Defense, especially for Quaker Valley was that good. They played as one, where as Aliquippa played as individuals.

I think both offense minus the rain and wet grass field was of the high octane variety.

Both defenses overall was as good as I have watched and I believe on a normal field, I would have said the same thing.

They played against each other during the season and Aliquippa won 22-7.

I did hear several parents say this was the worse field they played on all season and it was an injustice to all 8 schools having to play there, especially when most of the local colleges had turf and would have all been able to handle the crowds.

Can’t believe the Steelers let 8 games be played on their home turf?

Where do they play the championship games?

Can’t believe the Steelers let 8 games be played on their home turf?

Where do they play the championship games?

It is grass not turf.

Playing Surface: The turf is a blend of four varieties of Kentucky Bluegrass, covering just over two acres. The soil is a twelve inch, sand-based rootzone, meeting USGA specifications for particle size. Under the rootzone approximately 40 miles of ¾ inch piping heat the soil. Below the heating system there is a four inch layer of pea gravel that contains drain pipes that empty into a 22 inch collector pipe that surrounds the perimeter of the field.

The state finals are played at Hershey Park.