Jon Gruden to Tennessee?

RoyalWildcat

People in Knoxville are always WAY too optimistic about their chances to land a big name coach. The reality is Tennessee isn't nearly the job those in Knoxville believe it to be. You can't build a great recruiting class with in State talent and with Clemson and Georgia recruiting the hell out of that area you are fighting an uphill battle. Gruden isn't coming. Good luck to the coach who does land in Knoxville though, he's going to need it.

From 1992-2010 Clemson didn't win 10 games one time and averaged finishing around 3rd or 4th in their division of the ACC. They hired Dabo and they have won 10 games or more 6 seasons in a row...my point is that Tennessee is as good of a job as Clemson was when Tommy Bowden got fired and Dabo was hired.

Tennessee is one dynamic coaching hire from being relevant again with in a couple of years.

From 1992-2010 Clemson didn't win 10 games one time and averaged finishing around 3rd or 4th in their division of the ACC. They hired Dabo and they have won 10 games or more 6 seasons in a row...my point is that Tennessee is as good of a job as Clemson was when Tommy Bowden got fired and Dabo was hired.

Tennessee is one dynamic coaching hire from being relevant again with in a couple of years.

How many coaches out there can truly come in a change a program like Dabo did? They don't grow Dabo Swinneys on trees.

How many coaches out there can truly come in a change a program like Dabo did? They don't grow Dabo Swinneys on trees.

True, but the point is that Tennessee job is as good as that job was when he took it. UT has everything in place to be really good again, they just need the right coach.

True, but the point is that Tennessee job is as good as that job was when he took it. UT has everything in place to be really good again, they just need the right coach.

I remember talking with Lloyd Carr one time. Early 2000s. He swore that TN was as loaded as anyone talent wise on an annual basis. Maybe that was a shot at Phil Fulmer, but I think he meant it as a compliment.