Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jerry Jones threatens to sue NFL if Roger Goodell's contract extension is approved

Featured Replies

If I didn't have fantasy football, I wouldn't be watching. There is way too much side show stuff going on with the NFL.

 

I totally agree. I watch Red Zone only because of my FF team. I think there are millions of people who ONLY watch because of FF.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure they are. When push comes to shove, are they willing to miss game checks? I'm not sure all the issues but they won't hold out just off punishment of very few percentage of the players in the league.

The punishment is just one bullet point on a list of many things the players feel they got screwed on in the last CBA.

Back to the thread topic, what is the basis of the Jones suit? I cannot stand Goodell but have no idea what Jones is thinking here. If he sues OTHER OWNERS, he may be really stepping in it. Typically, billionaires do not take too kindly to another billionaire trying to bully them. I can see some of them punching back HARD! While I agree with Jones that Goodell should go, I don't see how this works for Jones.

We'll see. I tend to disagree with you. The players have the power IMO and the PA is prepared to hold out when this CBA is void or expired.

 

The average career for a NFL player is less than 3 years isn't it? If that is the case there is no way they hold out any significant amount of time. The pay disparity in the NFL with the large rosters is huge as well and a majority of players just can't afford the hold out. Sure Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers can but that isn't most the league.

 

Much easier for MLB and NBA players to strike.

Wasn't one of the main things in the agreement the players wanted was the lax practice rules?

Jones and the other owners voted 100% to have a contact Committee work out the contract for the commish. He is a damn liar when he said it had nothing to do with Elliott.

Did I hear Goodell's agent is asking for $50 million/year? If so that's absurd; especially given the public perception of the league under his direction.

Did I hear Goodell's agent is asking for $50 million/year? If so that's absurd; especially given the public perception of the league under his direction.

 

AND use of a private jet whenever he wants it.

Did I hear Goodell's agent is asking for $50 million/year? If so that's absurd; especially given the public perception of the league under his direction.

 

AND use of a private jet whenever he wants it.

 

NFL owners think Goddell is a moneymaker, so they're trying to max out as much as they can while the NFL is still relevant.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.