Jerry Jones threatens to sue NFL if Roger Goodell's contract extension is approved

If I didn't have fantasy football, I wouldn't be watching. There is way too much side show stuff going on with the NFL.

I totally agree. I watch Red Zone only because of my FF team. I think there are millions of people who ONLY watch because of FF.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure they are. When push comes to shove, are they willing to miss game checks? I'm not sure all the issues but they won't hold out just off punishment of very few percentage of the players in the league.

The punishment is just one bullet point on a list of many things the players feel they got screwed on in the last CBA.

Back to the thread topic, what is the basis of the Jones suit? I cannot stand Goodell but have no idea what Jones is thinking here. If he sues OTHER OWNERS, he may be really stepping in it. Typically, billionaires do not take too kindly to another billionaire trying to bully them. I can see some of them punching back HARD! While I agree with Jones that Goodell should go, I don't see how this works for Jones.

We'll see. I tend to disagree with you. The players have the power IMO and the PA is prepared to hold out when this CBA is void or expired.

The average career for a NFL player is less than 3 years isn't it? If that is the case there is no way they hold out any significant amount of time. The pay disparity in the NFL with the large rosters is huge as well and a majority of players just can't afford the hold out. Sure Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers can but that isn't most the league.

Much easier for MLB and NBA players to strike.

Did I hear Goodell's agent is asking for $50 million/year? If so that's absurd; especially given the public perception of the league under his direction.

AND use of a private jet whenever he wants it.

NFL owners think Goddell is a moneymaker, so they're trying to max out as much as they can while the NFL is still relevant.