Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 3A Playoff Bracket

Featured Replies

(1) Caldwell County v (4) Adair County/Hart County (loser is out of playoffs)

(2) Paducah Tilghman v (3) Edmonson County/LaRue County

(2) Edmonson County/LaRue County v (3) Trigg County/Union County

(4) Trigg County/Union County at (1) E-Town

 

Fort Campbell is 0-3 in this district with a district game left against Tilghman so they are likely out of the playoffs.

 

 

(1) Central v (4) Floyd Central/Lawrence County/Pike Central

(2) Waggener/Henry County v (3) Floyd Central/Lawrence County/Pike Central

(2) Lexington Catholic v (3) Bath County/Russell

(1) Boyle County v (4) Lewis County/West Carter

 

Thomas Nelson has 1 district win over Henry County with a lone district game with Central remaining.

 

 

(1) Fleming County v (4) Garrard County

(2) Bath County/Russell v (3) Western Hills

(2) Floyd Central/Lawrence County/Pike Central v (3) Waggener/Henry County

(1) Belfry v (4) Bardstown

 

 

(1) Breathitt County/Morgan County/Powell County v (4) Jackson County

(2) Breathitt County/Morgan County/Powell County v (3) Bell County

(2) Casey County/Corbin v (3) Breathitt County/Morgan County/Powell County

(1) Casey County/Corbin v (4) Estill County/Knott Central -- loser is out of the playoffs

 

 

I think this is correct. If not please enlighten us on the mistake.

Edited by All State Baseball

  • Replies 43
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go read up on cross bracketing. The district matchups are all different in Regions 2 and 3.

  • Author

Made changes. Should be right, hopefully anyways.

 

 

If this is accurate, then some of these trip hours are outrageously long especially from Bardstown to Belfry

Edited by All State Baseball

There's too many slashes right now to know much. After Friday that picture should clear up.

[ATTACH]64207[/ATTACH]

 

Jason Frakes tweeted this out a couple of days ago.....little better visual I think.

That Central District is a mess behind Central

 

If Henry County wins this week it is pretty simple... if Waggener wins that one could get crazy for the 3 and 4 seeds.

 

Technically the 2,3, and 4 seed is still completely in the air.

 

Thomas Nelson is the most likely team to be the odd man out

Jason Frakes tweeted this out a couple of days ago.....little better visual I think.

 

That’s 6A bracket.

Hey everybody,

What gives?

 

I finally get home a little early, change to my Halloween Pirate Avitar, start reading and I know less now than what I did when I first joined! I was at a disadvantage to begin with because I was TOTALLY unaware of anything called cross bracketing! I don't know who came up with it but it looks like we are gonna have to go to the system they are using in College Football now!

What's up Watusi??? I didn't know the district matchups were all different in Regions 2 and 3! Is the bracket you sent me and I printed out the right one 'Tusi? I'm not being rude to anyone but I do know you know your stuff! All State Baseball yours may be right or even the tweeted one! It appears to be one big mess! What say you guru? The only thing I am pretty sure of is all they need to do is have Corbin set their alarm clock for the semis after everybody else has beaten each other to death! Who's on first?

 

Thanks in advance,

Walk The Plank

Edited by Walk The Plank

That Central District is a mess behind Central

 

If Henry County wins this week it is pretty simple... if Waggener wins that one could get crazy for the 3 and 4 seeds.

 

Technically the 2,3, and 4 seed is still completely in the air.

 

Thomas Nelson is the most likely team to be the odd man out

 

Actually, that's the case if and only if Henry Co. beats Waggener. If that happens, Henry moves up to the No. 2 seed and then TNHS is in a H2H with Bardstown for the No. 4 spot.

 

But if it remains a 3-way tie for the 3 and 4 seeds with Henry, TNHS and Bardstown, it goes to the points system. Henry has more points based on their out-of-district beaten opponents' win totals, so they would be No. 3.

 

Thomas Nelson plays Bethlehem the last game of the year, and if they beat the Eagles, they get their points (which figures to be 3 if they beat Ft. Knox Friday, which I expect). A young and beat-up Bardstown team figures to be road underdogs at E'town and Warren East.

 

Right now, Bardstown has non-district wins over winless Nelson County and Marion County (who play each other last week of the season). TNHS has a win over Nelson Co. If TNHS doesn't beat Bethlehem, and Marion beats NC, Bardstown would get a point and take the 4th seed trip to South Williamson.

Hey everybody,

What gives?

 

I finally get home a little early, change to my Halloween Pirate Avitar, start reading and I know less now than what I did when I first joined! I was at a disadvantage to begin with because I was TOTALLY unaware of anything called cross bracketing! I don't know who came up with it but it looks like we are gonna have to go to the system they are using in College Football now!

What's up Watusi??? I didn't know the district matchups were all different in Regions 2 and 3! Is the bracket you sent me and I printed out the right one 'Tusi? I'm not being rude to anyone but I do know you know your stuff! All State Baseball yours may be right or even the tweeted one! It appears to be one big mess! What say you guru? The only thing I am pretty sure of is all they need to do is have Corbin set their alarm clock for the semis after everybody else has beaten each other to death! Who's on first?

 

Thanks in advance,

Walk The Plank

 

BGP member on tilt....someone please help a brother out!!

Hey everybody,

What gives?

 

I finally get home a little early, change to my Halloween Pirate Avitar, start reading and I know less now than what I did when I first joined! I was at a disadvantage to begin with because I was TOTALLY unaware of anything called cross bracketing! I don't know who came up with it but it looks like we are gonna have to go to the system they are using in College Football now!

What's up Watusi??? I didn't know the district matchups were all different in Regions 2 and 3! Is the bracket you sent me and I printed out the right one 'Tusi? I'm not being rude to anyone but I do know you know your stuff! All State Baseball yours may be right or even the tweeted one! It appears to be one big mess! What say you guru? The only thing I am pretty sure of is all they need to do is have Corbin set their alarm clock for the semis after everybody else has beaten each other to death! Who's on first?

 

Thanks in advance,

Walk The Plank

Everything is the same as we discussed earlier. Belfy should host the first two rounds and then travel to Louisville to play Central in the third round if all things go as chalk.

 

If they win that one they will almost certainly host Corbin in the semifinals.

 

We we just don't know all the slots yet until all the districts are settled. That should be complete this week except for 3 way tie breakers.

 

Gotta take them one one at a time of course but it's ok for us fans to look ahead right? :thumb:

This year seems pretty straight forward with who is going to be in regional finals:

Region 1 - E'town vs Caldwell Co.

Region 2 - Boyle Co. vs Lexington Catholic

Region 3 - Belfry vs Central

Region 4 - Corbin vs Casey Co.

 

Next season may open the door for someone new in the title game with Boyle Co, Lexington Catholic, Belfry, Casey Co., and Corbin all on the same side of the bracket along with E'town getting hit hard by graduation (33% of their roster are Seniors).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.