October 8, 200619 yr All I can say is GOOD. If the Bengals really were sincere about cleaning things up they'd cut him. But they would hate to further hurt this poor, troubled, misunderstood soul. Of course one good case of the dropsies and he'd be a cancer and drummed out of town. Hopefully while he's suspended he'll do something even more stupid and get banned for the rest of the year.
October 8, 200619 yr All these problems he's caused the Bengals...... Let's see Marvin suspended him. Name another coach who suspended a player when there was a pending league suspension...... He really hurt them against Pittsburgh with those 2 TD catches.... Killed em. AT this point he hasn't hurt them on the field. He doesn't have any unsportsmanlike penalties that Marvin worries about (yeah he worried when Chad danced). For the next two games if they lose you can blame Henry.
October 8, 200619 yr He took a plea on two separate run-ins with the law. That puts him at the mercy of the NFL. 1 gun + 1 bag of pot = 2 games. I'm fine with it... Lucky it's not more IMO.
October 8, 200619 yr First of all I would love if we had another Henry. What he has done outside of Football hasn't effected anything on the field(besides him not playing). Can we survive without him, of course. We have the best WR's in the league(argubly). What has he done that has effect others play on the field?? Exactly my point. He is not on the field. You don,t think that is a problem. I'd like to hear the Bengals coaches opinion on that.The time and money invested in Henry is huge, and he is not allowed to play? Yea, the Bengals could use a lot more players just like him. When he gets busted again,and he will, he will be gone, and the fans will forget the guy even existed. C'est la vie.
October 9, 200619 yr My respect for Marvin had been waining as all these problems came about and he still drafted players with questionable backgrounds. When he removed Thurman's locker from the locker room and said he is done with him, I regained some of that respect. And when he suspended Henry of his own choice, I regained some of that respect. I hope to have a Bengals team that we can cheer on and be proud of. And I believe you can win with players that follow the laws of society. If you can't, this fan would prefer to not win and have to sell part of my conscious to do so.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.