Tennessee Football Program

RoyalWildcat

4 teams. That's the top of the league. When the SEC was at its best it was the top of the league that was carrying the load for the rest of the conference. During those time frames Alabama, Florida, Auburn, and LSU were just the best teams in the country. The idea of "depth" was simply false. They just had a few more contending teams than the other conferences. The idea that if those 4 schools weren't in the way that Arkansas and Tennesseee would have been national champions is what I take issue with. This has been the mentality of the SEC fan for over a decade and the constant let's all cheer for Bama because if they weren't so good we would in the national championship talk was ridiculous. Basically equating to we play Bama every year so we are better than you because you don't. The logic just doesn't make sense.

So I guess all those other conferences have had more depth during this time period?

It's cool. Keep hating.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess all those other conferences have had more depth during this time period?

It's cool. Keep hating.

This is the polar opposite of my point. The top of every conference was really good. The middle and bottom of the conferences sucked, still suck, and will always suck. This is the same for every conference. It's not that complicated.

The three coaches the guy mentions in the video are: Jon Gruden, Les Miles, and Chip Kelly.

I think Gruden is fantastic for the game of football. I'd watch UT games just to see Gruden berate officials...:lol2:

I think he's probably very happy with the the cush broadcasting gig!

I've been to the one at UT several times and sat in the Peyton Manning room looking over the practice field. The whole indoor complex is awesome from they lunchroom to barber shop they have. Not to mention training room, film room, they have it all.

It blows UK out of the water.

No way most schools have what TN does.

Been to both Facilities.. Kentucky's facilities are miles ahead of Tenneseee at this point.