Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1A #8 Paris at 1A Bracken County

Who wins? 32 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Paris
      71%
    • Bracken County
      28%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Still torn on this. Bracken County has had trouble last year and this year with teams with a strong QB. The Polar Bears just barely beat the Greyhounds last year and I’m sure it’ll be just as close this year. Bracken however has improved their defense significantly I think from last year but this will be the biggest test for them all season.

 

I think Bracken will be able to stop their run game and the Paris defense will have trouble with a diverse Polar Bear offense led by Fisher, Brausch, and Appleman.

 

I’ll take the Polar Bears, at home, 36-30

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bracken County is averaging 284 yds rushing & 130 yds passing per game while allowing 59 yds rushing & 69 yds passing; Paris is averaging 187 yds rushing & 106 yds passing per game while allowing 101 yds rushing & 41 yds passing. BC averaging 34 pts/game, allowing 8 pts/game. Paris averaging 36 pts/game, allowing 8 pts/game.

Size of Bracken County will probably try to run it down Paris' throat, Paris will rely off tackle or sweeps & Maggard passing. How is Bracken's kicking game? Park as Punter & Atwood as Kicker give Paris a big boost in Kicking game.

 

#1). Have not seen Maggard play, so I don't know much about him. But, his stats are not what I expected to see. Inactive last week against Berea. Anybody know why? #2). Bracken kicking is very problematic in all phases. Your observations that Paris is solid in these areas could be (could be) game changing.

#3). Ground and pound versus speed games are usually decided up front.

#4). Looks like Bracken's passing game has made great leaps forward this season. Great change-up to their very reliable ground and pound.

#5). Game to see!

#1).#2). Bracken kicking is very problematic in all phases. Your observations that Paris is solid in these areas could be (could be) game changing.

This is why they go for the 2PT every time. This is gonna be a close one so every PAT they try to attempt better go through the uprights and every 2PT needs to be converted. Every punt needs to at least be halfway decent because every yard maters and Bracken’s margin for error is small.

If Paris is punting alot, I wouldn't say that's a good sign. Though a FG may be the difference in this game.

Paris 17

Bracken 14

If Paris is punting alot, I wouldn't say that's a good sign. Though a FG may be the difference in this game.

Paris 17

Bracken 14

Paris definitely has a better chance at winning this one

What does Paris' defense look like.

What does Paris' defense look like.

 

Better than you would think. Solid up front, we got a couple hogs up.

Coach Brausch has been like a mad scientist mixing up ingredients all week. Being able to game plan for games like these is where is experience will pay off.

Coach Brausch has been like a mad scientist mixing up ingredients all week. Being able to game plan for games like these is where is experience will pay off.

 

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Bracken runs the ball very well, and that's what Paris' weakness is. Why differentiate from that?

If Paris is punting alot, I wouldn't say that's a good sign. Though a FG may be the difference in this game.

Paris 17

Bracken 14

 

Unless you know something I don't, that sounds more like the 1st quarter score than the final score

I think there is going to be a lot surprised people when this game is over Friday night!

  • Author

I'm going with Bracken in a good game.

Unless you know something I don't, that sounds more like the 1st quarter score than the final score

 

We're not talking about two high powered offenses.

I think there is going to be a lot surprised people when this game is over Friday night!

 

I agree! If Paris turns the ball over or makes a few mistakes early this one gets out of hand fast. Polar Bears are better on the glacier than a Greyhound.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.