Just another thread on Mason/Montgomery Gyms

I love how some posters love beating on a dead horse. Everyone knows its not broke at the fieldhouse, and if the Montgomery's, Clarks, or NKY schools (just as examples because they have won in years past at the fieldhouse in March)come down to the fieldhouse and take home a region crown, then all this talk about location is just that, talk and every fan from their respective schools are happy, going back to their school that very night to have their welcome home celebration and beating this dead horse about location is the furtherst thing from that fans mind.

Simply put PR you know who won the region last year now people want to cry foul.The year before when PC won and most knew they would there was no thread on this subject.:sleep:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply put PR you know who won the region last year now people want to cry foul.The year before when PC won and most knew they would there was no thread on this subject.:sleep:

I am a Campbell County and Pendleton fan. I started the thread, there were several last year. I think the region should stay at Mason. Any more theories on my motivation?

I think you should go back and search some threads from last year. I remember reading and posting in several on the subject.

You will also find very few fans from PC who would want to move the Regional from the Fieldhouse myself included. I would not even want to see it in N. KY, and that would be a lot closer to me. The Fieldhouse has tradition, and until someone matches the capacity it should never move. I don't care if Mason does have a slight home court advantage. There are very few times that Mason Co. won the Regional that they where not suppose to win it including last season, but I personally think that the where the best team come tournament time. Just like I feel their the best time this season.

I would actually be all for letting Montgomery host the 08 Region and see how it all works out.If its a mess and lots of people get turned away or if the attendance is way down then i say the argument needs brought up in 2010 when it would be there turn again to host as the why it should be there again.If all goes great,attendance is high and nobody's turned away then we rotate from here on.I can tell you 1st hand theres a lot that goes on the 4days of the tournament which nobody really see or realizes accept the school who is putting it on and is accounted for it.

I would actually be all for letting Montgomery host the 08 Region and see how it all works out.If its a mess and lots of people get turned away or if the attendance is way down then i say the argument needs brought up in 2010 when it would be there turn again to host as the why it should be there again.If all goes great,attendance is high and nobody's turned away then we rotate from here on.I can tell you 1st hand theres a lot that goes on the 4days of the tournament which nobody really see or realizes accept the school who is putting it on and is accounted for it.

The Mason County faithful might enjoy a year off. A year to get to enjoy the regional tournament without having to work. Come in, watch basketball, go out to eat and then go home. All the things that we associate with regional tournament.

There regional tournaments include a lot more donating and volunteering their time and effort through hard work in the concession stands, cleaning, hospitality room, etc.

From one Region 10 fan, thanks to those Mason County folks. Love your hospitality room.:thumb:

The Mason County faithful might enjoy a year off. A year to get to enjoy the regional tournament without having to work. Come in, watch basketball, go out to eat and then go home. All the things that we associate with regional tournament.

There regional tournaments include a lot more donating and volunteering their time and effort through hard work in the concession stands, cleaning, hospitality room, etc.

From one Region 10 fan, thanks to those Mason County folks. Love your hospitality room.:thumb:

Thinks for the kind words,And as no other team in this region would know over the last 30 years theres a lot to do and it takes a lot of peoples time in maysville to make it happened and move SO smoothly.:thumb: