#1 5A Covington Catholic vs BYE Sept 29th at BYE home Field.

Theoldguy

Bye weeks are no fun for we fans of our teams, when those teams are going good.

While it allows an extra week to prepare for your next opponent, and allows the players some time to patch up, the fans are in withdrawal and it seems forever until your team is back in competition.

The only team capable of beating BYE is OPEN. Their matchup will probably come down to officiating. I hear the refs are lousy, even at BYE games.

The hometown refs are infamous for screwing teams over when they play BYE. I heard like half of the refs in the state graduated from BYE...but they never recuse themselves from officiating games from their alma mater.

In the game of the year at BYE home field, the Colonels of CovCath take on the best team CovCath will play this season. BYE, while never having won a game, BYE without a doubt has played the toughest schedule of any team from Kentucky, sometimes playing multiple games each Friday.

The Crazies have promised a few surprises in the stands and the Coaches have worked on a few new wrinkles.

Calpreps has it going the way of BYE, by 2 TD's and even the local BGP's experts have it going BYE way.

Of note: I won't be attending this outstanding game as "The Boss" and I are going away this weekend for for our 47th anniversary.

This is for the blue Colonels and their opponent this week. But even more so, it is appropriate to the grand occasion that takes @Theoldguy and his bride away for this weekend.