Covington Catholic 35 Columbus DeSales (OH) 7

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is going to sound petty but Fox19 showed #2's long run on the highlight show. Shook my head with the gesture made when crossing the goal line. You've been there many times before so a Usain Bolt gesture shouldn't be necessary. I'm sure I'll get killed for this opinion but I didn't like the showboating.

I know this is going to sound petty but Fox19 showed #2's long run on the highlight show. Shook my head with the gesture made when crossing the goal line. You've been there many times before so a Usain Bolt gesture shouldn't be necessary. I'm sure I'll get killed for this opinion but I didn't like the showboating.

Not what I taught my kids and they have scored a lot. Give the ball back to the ref and go thank all the teammates who got you to the endzone. You didn't break 11 tackles so you had help. I agree with you Nachos.

Not what I taught my kids and they have scored a lot. Give the ball back to the ref and go thank all the teammates who got you to the endzone. You didn't break 11 tackles so you had help. I agree with you Nachos.

Just seen the play, I thought you meant he did the whole lightning pose. That wasn't that bad.

Not saying it was right, but I was told he was mocking the score that Desales had when their player did the same exact thing a quarter earlier.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Repaired the Quote

Maybe I should've clarified. No pose was struck but acting like a sprinter crossing the finish line was showmanship. If one of the DeSales players previously did it, that's all the more reason to be classy. It's not the worst hot dogging you'll see and I think CM is a heckuva RB. Just wish I didn't see that.

Scoring Summary (Final)

St. Francis Desales vs Covington Catholic

(Sep 22, 2017 at Covington Catholic)

St. Francis Desales (3-2) vs. Covington Catholic (6-0)

Date: Sep 22, 2017 • Site: Covington Catholic • Stadium:

Attendance:

.Score by Quarters 01 02 03 04 Total

St. Francis Desales 07 00 00 00 07

Covington Catholic 07 07 14 07 35

Qtr Time Scoring Play V-H

1st 05:22

ST FRANCI -

Hilleary,C 70 yd pass from Silvestri,C

(Sciarroni,A kick),

1-70 0:11 7 - 0

00:00 CCH -

Mayer,AJ 1 yd run

(Gronette,T kick),

12-56 5:15 7 - 7

2nd 07:32 CCH -

Jones,L 0 yd fumble recovery

(Gronette,T kick),

7-55 2:58 7 - 14

3rd 02:40 CCH -

McGinness,C 68 yd run

(Gronette,T kick),

3-76 1:28 7 - 21

4th 09:56 CCH -

Mayer,AJ 22 yd run

(Gronette,T kick),

7-56 3:12 7 - 28

05:17 CCH -

Summe,D 26 yd pass from Mayer,AJ

(Gronette,T kick),

5-58 1:28 7 - 35

Kickoff time: 07:00PM •

End of Game: 09:10PM •

Total elapsed time: -

Officials:

Temperature:

Maybe I should've clarified. No pose was struck but acting like a sprinter crossing the finish line was showmanship. If one of the DeSales players previously did it, that's all the more reason to be classy. It's not the worst hot dogging you'll see and I think CM is a heckuva RB. Just wish I didn't see that.

I recall an official flagging Cov Catholic after that touchdown but the flag was waved. Not sure if it was that action or excessive celebration in the end zone regardless the flag was picked up but not sure why.

I recall an official flagging Cov Catholic after that touchdown but the flag was waved. Not sure if it was that action or excessive celebration in the end zone regardless the flag was picked up but not sure why.

That was for a sideline warning. Nothing to do with the touchdown.

Correct you are Colonel Fan, it was a sideline warning.

WOW the Kid goes for a 68 yard TD on a ESPN highlight film play that literally every local TV station ran at least twice and all some of you want to do is rag on the kid for being happy. :idunno:

Darn I see more celebration on a TD each Sunday from NFL players and on Saturday from the NCAA players, than I saw on a HS kid scoring a huge TD, in a game that at the Time was a somewhat tight game!

Tough crowd!