Mayfield 45 Graves County 31

TnCatFan

Graves played pretty well tonight.. They were able to move the ball behind that big OL and Mathis found his receivers pretty consistently.. Mayfield played pretty well, also, especially offensively.. They moved it well on the ground and in the air, but, did make a couple of turnovers after sustained drives that kept the Eagles hanging around. The D gave up a couple of long drives and a big play or 2, but, also got some key stops when needed..

Cards continue to roll. I thought Graves had a good game plan coming into the game. We had them down 28-8 and they continued to fight till the end but the big red machine was jus too much for them. Nice win for the Redbirds beating a pretty nice 5A team.

Did u happen to see Christian County when Mayfield was getting ready to play Hoptown earlier? Was curious of Cardinal Nations thoughts on the Graves v Christian game at Graves later.

Did u happen to see Christian County when Mayfield was getting ready to play Hoptown earlier? Was curious of Cardinal Nations thoughts on the Graves v Christian game at Graves later.

I was there for that game. Yes it was the 2nd game of the year but Christian didn't impress me like they have in the past few years. Graves is a solid 5A team. At least they looked like it tonight. I think Graves will definitely play Christian close and wouldn't be surprised if they beat them imo.

Tough win for Mayfield. Graves played hard and never gave up.

I think Mayfield is just plain tired, mentally and physically. They have played a very hard schedule up to this point with one more to go until they have a little break in the schedule.

Mayfield has some defensive issues that I hope can be fixed and maybe a little rest will help too.

I expected Graves to have some success and score a few points, but I did not expect whatsoever that Mayfield would have to turn the dial up in the 4th Quarter to ice this thing.

Cardinals Offense still looks pretty awesome though regardless.

Mayfield's offense is top notch.. There OL is very good and they're mixing it up thru the air and on the ground very efficiently.. While there D showed some holes tonight, you have to give Graves some credit.. They've got a huge OL, a very skilled and experienced QB, a top notch WR and a couple of big backs that run it very hard.. I also think Mayfield's D got somewhat fatigued tonight as it was pretty humid early and they were having some cramping issues, plus they've played 5 straight games against some pretty physical teams and they're nursing several nicks and bruises.. That combination of things make it look worse than what it actually is.. Coach Morris basically said the same thing at the postgame interview, but, also, said he felt they played pretty well on both sides of the ball.. They'll have 1 more real test in Corbin next week, then hopefully they can coast for the next 4 weeks and get everyone to 100% before the playoffs get rolling..

purple give me Graves Co for $1,200, I pick the Buzzards over the Cols

Caldwell jumped out on Graves quickly, scoring 3 TDs in the 1st 5 minutes of the game with some help from Graves on turnovers.. After that initial onslaught, Graves played well, just dug themselves too big a hole, plus Caldwell is a pretty solid team, especially defensively.. Graves also played that game without there starting QB.. They've improved as the year's gone on.. I think Christian has more overall talent than Graves does, but, they haven't been playing all that well this year in comparison to last, despite how many kids returned.. Sometimes its not the numbers returning that matters as much as it is the quality that they lost.. Personally, I think CC will beat Graves, but, I do think it'll be a close game and I wouldn't be shocked if Graves pulled it off..

Caldwell jumped out on Graves quickly, scoring 3 TDs in the 1st 5 minutes of the game with some help from Graves on turnovers.. After that initial onslaught, Graves played well, just dug themselves too big a hole, plus Caldwell is a pretty solid team, especially defensively.. Graves also played that game without there starting QB.. They've improved as the year's gone on.. I think Christian has more overall talent than Graves does, but, they haven't been playing all that well this year in comparison to last, despite how many kids returned.. Sometimes its not the numbers returning that matters as much as it is the quality that they lost.. Personally, I think CC will beat Graves, but, I do think it'll be a close game and I wouldn't be shocked if Graves pulled it off..

Oh without a question. And I'm not throwing any shade at Graves at all. But I find it interesting how because Mayfield was played closely that Now its that Graves that's favored. And I think CC's Defense is playing better than it did last year, much more stout than Caldwell. But because we're aren't scoring as rapidly then we're looked at as "not playing well". When the fact of the matter for you Mayfield fans is this...you want to talk about how unimpressed you are with our team and our schedule but before last night your combined opponent record was 5-9. Christian's was 7-9. Ijs.

Oh without a question. And I'm not throwing any shade at Graves at all. But I find it interesting how because Mayfield was played closely that Now its that Graves that's favored. And I think CC's Defense is playing better than it did last year, much more stout than Caldwell. But because we're aren't scoring as rapidly then we're looked at as "not playing well". When the fact of the matter for you Mayfield fans is this...you want to talk about how unimpressed you are with our team and our schedule but before last night your combined opponent record was 5-9. Christian's was 7-9. Ijs.

Big Tiger the CC D is excellent, its the O that makes me think Graves might win, though either could win in my opinion. Keep in mind that most of us Cards fans have only seen part of 1 game. We do see the CC scores and I still think that until they figure out how to get the O going they are vulnerable. I think they will get their O going at some point and then look out.