Bracken County at Jackson County

Mike Honcho

Last years schedule was much tougher. They played Ludlow, Harlan, Bath County, Gallatin County.

I liked last year's schedule better, but even so, why do you have to go to the mountains of Eastern Kentucky or the state of Indiana to find games against teams that you can play with evenly. Why can't you schedule the one hour or 90 minute drives against the likes of Lewis County, Erlanger Lloyd,Newport, Covington Holy Cross or some of those Lexington schools that you may be on par with in football,am sure there has to be a few

I liked last year's schedule better, but even so, why do you have to go to the mountains of Eastern Kentucky or the state of Indiana to find games against teams that you can play with evenly. Why can't you schedule the one hour or 90 minute drives against the likes of Lewis County, Erlanger Lloyd,Newport, Covington Holy Cross or some of those Lexington schools that you may be on par with in football,am sure there has to be a few

I don't know that I understand the criticisms of the Polar Bears schedule. Yes, there are some long busrides to some weaker programs. But this is a program that just a few years ago the only thing this site ever said about them was "maybe it's time for soccer." It's not as if they are now suddenly on the level of Highlands or X. This program, from what I can see, is probably still building off of what Coach Sizemore started. It looks like the goal right now is wins. Positivity and momentum are priorities 1 and 2. So some long bus rides help build that momentum and keep the positivity going.

Still not a TON of kids on their roster:

I'd imagine its an uphill battle to build a program in a community that has struggled to get behind the sport.

I guess that's just one man's opinion though.