Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many games would Burfict get for this hit?

Featured Replies

If this was Burfict he's gone half the season. Shazier will get 1.

It happened almost so simultaneously that I don't know how anyone could expect Shazier to stop his momentum.

 

QB started sliding just a hair ahead of the hit, but Shazier would probably have ruined his legs to hit the brakes on a dime in that situation, and being so bam bam I don't think he even had time to.

 

Sure it was unfortunate, but I sorta see it that it is what it is.

 

Tough luck for Shazier as it was a hit that did indeed warrant flags, and tough luck for QB being hit, but I wouldn't go as far as ruling it cheap no matter how ugly.

 

Dude was being aggressive, but he shouldn't have to chance his own injury to avoid a penalty, the other player being hurt, or even a fine if it's ruled as such.

 

It's football, it wasn't meant to be pretty.

That is cheap, can't believe the Browns' olinemen just let Shazier walk away.

 

That was my first thought when I saw it too. I don't think anyone would fault the lineman for picking up a PI there.

It is not about hitting a sliding QB. It is about leading with the crown of the helmet. That is why I think Shazier will get a stiff fine, perhaps even a one game suspension - because of his history of using the crown of his helmet.

Aren't fines typically announced on Tuesdays? Anything on Shazier?

Aren't fines typically announced on Tuesdays? Anything on Shazier?

 

I think players are notified by letter but the league doesn't announce until end of the week. Most of the time, players talk about it before it's released.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.