Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 49 Highlands 27

Featured Replies

I may be the only HHS fan that was encouraged by what I saw last night.

 

Ryle is a solid 6A contender with an outstanding run game.

Contender for what?

 

A home playoff game?

  • Replies 68
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me add my vote ... Chisholm is that good. It is not his speed that makes him as good as he is. It is his power and how difficult he is to tackle. That is what has impressed me the most when I have seen him. Quick, good reads and cuts and breaks tackles almost every time he carries it.

His fastest 40 ever is 4.40 hand, 4.61 laser.

 

4.6 was my guess in my previous post. That's good speed and he's a really good player. He will play somewhere on Saturday's.

 

Unfortunately not, for the life of me I can't understand why. I can't call myself a "casual observer" of College football recruiting after experiencing D1 recruiting with my son. Ohio U, EKU and WKU coaches have asked me about him, I tell them they are missing the boat. He's got a 4.5 weighted GPA. Imagine what that would do to a D1 schools team GPA signing him. I'm convinced offers will come at some point during the season. EKU could get him easily. Both parents are Alumni.

 

4.6 is great for a high schooler, the question was why doesn't he have any college offers.

 

I understand the question. My comment is that 4.6 is plenty fast for a high school kid to get recruited out of high school by a D 1 school. The kid will get faster. People should not compare 40 times from the NFL draft combine to determine what is fast for a high school senior. 4.6 is good enough to get recruited if it was done at a legitimate camp and not by the high school gym teacher. I was just clarifying that point. Seems odd he doesn't have any offers. Certainly he would have offers from D II, NAIA, and D III even if D I has been slow to offer.

 

I would like to say that this is none of my business if the family doesn't wish to discuss it. If it is not common knowledge I certainly am not trying to start an inquest lol. I like the young man and want to see him do well.

He does have a d lll offer. The kid works very hard inseason and off-season. Hopefully more happens for him. We think it's his size.

The only problem I see with a 22 point loss to Ryle is knowing CovCath beat the Tar out of the Raiders by 40 points. If there is one game on the Highlands schedule that is circled every year it is CovCath. Or perhaps it isn't anymore...I know it used to be. They used to even make T-shirts that demoralized the Colonels...I think one was Beat CovCath Again..and Again..and Again....

 

Those shirts aren't coming out anytime soon. LOL

What is his track time? Hand times and some of these lazer times at camps are way off.

What is his track time? Hand times and some of these lazer times at camps are way off.

 

His best time in the 100 is 11.33.

A forty time is more important in football than a 100 time. The shortest race in track is 100 yrds. It's not often that someone runs that far in a straight line during a football game.

 

This is why I asked where the time was measured. If it was a laser time at a Nike camp, I would think it is reliable. A hand time when say, thirty kids have already run, probably less reliable.

 

I already got my answer. He does have an offer, just not D1... yet.

4.7 is misleading Ask the kids who are chasing him. He very seldom gets caught from behind.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.