September 7, 20179 yr I'm sure NKU had priority but I wonder if UC sharing the facility caused some issues with scheduling.
September 8, 20179 yr Someone please tell me Wilmington and Berea are exhibition games. Why on earth is NKU playing those teams? I ran into coach Brennen prior to the season last year and suggested a great exhibition game for them. Christian Brothers University. They have 7 kids from the area on the team. He told me he wasn't quite ready to help them out and referenced that CBU had beaten Memphis the year prior. Ran into him after the season and told him he was ready! Would have loved to have seen that exhibition game work out. go luck to the Norse this year. Hope to catch them play a few times.
September 8, 20179 yr I'm sure NKU had priority but I wonder if UC sharing the facility caused some issues with scheduling. It did. This is what I was referring to above.
September 8, 20179 yr I have not seen the Promo schedule yet but once that is finalized you should be able to pick a game to enjoy and at an even better value. BB&T arena is very nice and NKU does a good job of putting on a D1 game. Go and take the kids, grandkids, and whoever enjoys basketball.
September 9, 20179 yr Author Was hoping they could have worked out at UC at NKU game since they are sharing the facility.
September 11, 20179 yr TBH, that's a pretty awful non conference schedule for the players. Hard to get excited about a trip to ETSU....
September 11, 20179 yr TBH, that's a pretty awful non conference schedule for the players. Hard to get excited about a trip to ETSU.... What about Memphis and Texas A&M? Did you miss the trip to the Bahamas? What do you want????
September 12, 20179 yr Was hoping they could have worked out at UC at NKU game since they are sharing the facility. I was told that they are planning on starting a series after this season.
September 12, 20179 yr What about Memphis and Texas A&M? Did you miss the trip to the Bahamas? What do you want???? NKU will have a good chance to win the Bahamas tournament. A bunch of mid-majors, none of them particularly good.
September 12, 20179 yr NKU will have a good chance to win the Bahamas tournament. Very optimistic. Coastal Carolina, Vermont, and Weber State are all very solid programs, as well as Iona, but they lost a bunch from last year's Tourney team (Washington, Severe, and Cassell). Coastal brings back a lot from their 20 win team last year, which included a Top 100 RPI win. Those are the kind of programs that NKU should be competing against, but I'll be shocked if they are able to win that tournament.
September 12, 20179 yr Very optimistic. Coastal Carolina, Vermont, and Weber State are all very solid programs, as well as Iona, but they lost a bunch from last year's Tourney team (Washington, Severe, and Cassell). Coastal brings back a lot from their 20 win team last year, which included a Top 100 RPI win. Those are the kind of programs that NKU should be competing against, but I'll be shocked if they are able to win that tournament. Absolutely optimistic. NKU brings back all but one player from a 24 win team which is better than the teams you describe. This is a nice tournament for them to be in. It's a tournament, so anything can happen but I don't know why you would be shocked if they won it. Eight mid-majors of which they are one of the best in the field.
September 13, 20179 yr Very optimistic. Coastal Carolina, Vermont, and Weber State are all very solid programs, as well as Iona, but they lost a bunch from last year's Tourney team (Washington, Severe, and Cassell). Coastal brings back a lot from their 20 win team last year, which included a Top 100 RPI win. Those are the kind of programs that NKU should be competing against, but I'll be shocked if they are able to win that tournament. Agree these are the type of teams they should be playing. They are past the "Play anybody for money" stage. You want to stretch them but don't through them to the lions.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.