Kentucky 2017

PurplePride92

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just took time for Gran too take over. I said last year he was the fix Stoops needed.

What changed last year was they came out trying to be a throwing team with Barker instead of a running team. The defense wasn't good either and just a bad recipe.

Then Barker got hurt. They didn't trust Johnson's inconsistent passing. So they focused on being more of a running team, and doing the wildcat again and all that. They were able to control the clock, and keep the defense rested which helped them.

They came out with a bad offensive philosophy for their personnel last year. Barkers injury made them switch to a running philosophy, which they should have did even with Barker. After that change in philosophy after the injury they took off.

I expect 7 to 8 wins from U.K. this season with imo 8 being the top / hopeful number of wins that the Cats will win.

Wins over So. Miss, EKU, East. Mich., Mizzou, Ole Miss.. Vandy and Lou. for 7 of the W's and a possible W at Miss. State to make the 8th win.

U.K. will be in a 2nd consecutive bowl, which will be huge for the program. Also, I do hope that the "Fire Stoops" crowd will shut up, calling for Stoops job at best was insane. The man had to basically not rebuild but "Build" an SEC worthy football team / program from absolutely nothing ....a 1A team that couldn't have won the 1AA championship / FBS (FBS ?) or probably not one of the top conferences titles in that division.

I expect 7 to 8 wins from U.K. this season with imo 8 being the top / hopeful number of wins that the Cats will win.

Wins over So. Miss, EKU, East. Mich., Mizzou, Ole Miss.. Vandy and Lou. for 7 of the W's and a possible W at Miss. State to make the 8th win.

U.K. will be in a 2nd consecutive bowl, which will be huge for the program. Also, I do hope that the "Fire Stoops" crowd will shut up, calling for Stoops job at best was insane. The man had to basically not rebuild but "Build" an SEC worthy football team / program from absolutely nothing ....a 1A team that couldn't have won the 1AA championship / FBS (FBS ?) or probably not one of the top conferences titles in that division.

With the easy schedule it won't happen. However let's just say UK does somehow miss a bowl game. We're those fans still insane then for thinking that. Or were the ones who called those UK fans insane, the actual insane ones for believing in him.

A little quick to bash people who wanted him gone, based off just one winning season. Might want to make sure he does that again before calling those people insane. Especially when after the first few games last year. People who would have said they would turn it around and make a bowl would have been called insane for thinking that.

With the easy schedule it won't happen. However let's just say UK does somehow miss a bowl game. We're those fans still insane then for thinking that. Or were the ones who called those UK fans insane, the actual insane ones for believing in him.

A little quick to bash people who wanted him gone, based off just one winning season. Might want to make sure he does that again before calling those people insane. Especially when after the first few games last year. People who would have said they would turn it around and make a bowl would have been called insane for thinking that.

as for the bolded, imo yes. As I said, a lot of people don't realize just how bad, how dang low the UK football program had sunk. What I mean by that is when Stoops arrived, there was one legit D1 LB w/ no more than 1/2 dozen players that would even make another SEC roster depending on how far their depth chart extended. .....jmo

btw- I don't know if you were one of the ones I was talking about or not and it doesn't matter. I meant nothing personal, mine was a general statement.

• 2 weeks later...