Gender Pronouns

Not fighting a battle, just not giving into unreasonable requests.

I get it. I, on the other hand, don't see a need to be unreasonable toward a simple request. To each his own. Again, I've dealt with countless people, and never encountered this even once. If and when it ever happens, I'm just going to be nice about it and move on.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see you answering the question. Just some pseudo machoism and condescension...

I definitely can be condescending without realizing. But there is nothing macho about saying adults today talk to much about feelings.

I started a topic based on a speech/debate I saw on these pronouns and didn't realize it's a hate crime in Canada to not use the proper pronoun and wanted to get peoples opinion. I don't base my opinion on a statistically irrelevant subset when dealing with society as a whole.

The problem with the gender/pronoun thing happening on college campuses especially, is that we are being asked to suspend reality and pretend something is true that is not so. A male wants to be called a she. A female wants to be called a he. In order to do so, you have to suspend reality.

It just doesn't seem to be right or healthy. I can see playing along so you don't hurt someone's feelings or to avoid conflict, but it doesn't mean that you accept something that is demonstrably false. There are going to be unintended consequences of this purposeful confusion of sex and gender.

In a conversation with someone (not on this topic) I would most likely use the pronoun requested just to get along. But that doesn't mean I accept the concept behind it.

BTW, Canada abandoned love for freedom a long time ago.

It's a relevant follow up question because we need to quit throwing out hypotheticals of statisically irrelevant exceptions.

We are not talking hypotheticals. These people do actually exist. They are also not irrelevant. While I don't subscribe to there needing to be 50 or 60 or 70 pronouns or classifications, I do understand that there are relevant, non-hypothetical people that do not fit the two gender classification.

Again, care to answer my question?

We are not talking hypotheticals. These people do actually exist. They are also not irrelevant. While I don't subscribe to there needing to be 50 or 60 or 70 pronouns or classifications, I do understand that there are relevant, non-hypothetical people that do not fit the two gender classification.

I really don't consider intersex people as a part of this current gender movement. From what I have read, they do want a gender classification, male or female.

I really don't consider intersex people as a part of this current gender movement. From what I have read, they do want a gender classification, male or female.

Exactly. The hypo is a group of people seperate from the discussion and overall a extremely small sub set of this conversation. We are talking about people who ignore biology not those who are biologically unique.

Exactly. The hypo is a group of people seperate from the discussion and overall a extremely small sub set of this conversation. We are talking about people who ignore biology not those who are biologically unique.

And those people are also an extremely small subset of the population...not nearly enough for me to feel the need to give them tough love or "fix" their way of thinking. That being said, gender roles are constructs are created by society, not biology. Sex and gender are two different things.

And those people are also an extremely small subset of the population...not nearly enough for me to feel the need to give them tough love or "fix" their way of thinking. That being said, gender roles are constructs are created by society, not biology. Sex and gender are two different things.

We will disagree on your post .