Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gender Pronouns

Featured Replies

What pronouns should we use for someone that has external male genetalia but internal female genetalia? Or vice versa?

 

He or she as advocated by the Intersex Society of North America.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do people quote me, avoid answering my question, then ask me a question? I don't play that game.

 

 

Ok, I'll bite. If someone is born with that unfortunate, but I will assume very rare biological condition, I will first address them by their name. Then, if I have to use a pronoun, I will address them as the choice they have made between "he" or "she", because that's the choices. If they have chosen something else from a list someone has come up with, then I will just try to avoid using a pronoun all together if possible.

Why do people quote me, avoid answering my question, then ask me a question? I don't play that game.

 

Geez .. Ok Game player , " intersex " by definition and I'd call the person whatever their choice is ( and respect it ) . Now your turn

  • Author
No attempt to even answer my question before you ask one of me?

 

It's a relevant follow up question because we need to quit throwing out hypotheticals of statisically irrelevant exceptions.

It's a relevant follow up question because we need to quit throwing out hypotheticals of statisically irrelevant exceptions.

 

To the person affected by that it's probably not very statistically irrelevant...

I'm not sure I understand what is so difficult about calling somebody what they request to be called, or why this bothers people so much. How many times have any of us encountered someone with this request? Someone mentioned statistics...if only 1 out of every 1000 people you meet has a specific request, is it that hard to honor? Or if it bothers you that much to just not interact with that person? I don't understand all the gender classifications either. But no reason for me to be a jerk about it either.

  • Author
To the person affected by that it's probably not very statistically irrelevant...

 

I think big picture and as an adult do not get impacted by emotional hypotheticals. The fact is for 99.99999999% of people you are either Male or Female and this topic was created to discuss the ever growing list of 70+ gender pronouns.

  • Author
I'm not sure I understand what is so difficult about calling somebody what they request to be called, or why this bothers people so much. How many times have any of us encountered someone with this request? Someone mentioned statistics...if only 1 out of every 1000 people you meet has a specific request, is it that hard to honor? Or if it bothers you that much to just not interact with that person? I don't understand all the gender classifications either. But no reason for me to be a jerk about it either.

 

It's called tough love and helping attentiom seekers become adults. I'm sorry I will never call someone cis or a pixie. Not gonna be able to do it.

I think big picture and as an adult do not get impacted by emotional hypotheticals. The fact is for 99.99999999% of people you are either Male or Female and this topic was created to discuss the ever growing list of 70+ gender pronouns.

 

I know. You love avoiding questions. I'm used to it by this point.

It's called tough love and helping attentiom seekers become adults. I'm sorry I will never call someone cis or a pixie. Not gonna be able to do it.

 

Again, I don't profess to understand it. But, I just don't see how it's so hard to either respect someone's wishes or to just simply not interact with the person if I don't have to. Who know's maybe in the grand scheme of things, they are actually correct. Maybe there are 50 or 100 different genders. Gender roles are a social construct anyway...so what if there end up being a few others than what we are traditionally used to I've never encountered someone with this type of request, and I worked with the public for nearly 20 years. I'm not sure that this is a battle I need to worry about fighting, or getting all worked up about. I simply see no reason to be the "tough love" guy in this instance.

  • Author
I know. You love avoiding questions. I'm used to it by this point.

 

Not avoiding anything . Your hypthetical has no impact on my point.

Not avoiding anything . Your hypthetical has no impact on my point.

 

A) Not my hypothetical.

B) It absolutely does.

C) Grab a dictionary. Look up avoid. It'll help you debate. :D

  • Author
Again, I don't profess to understand it. But, I just don't see how it's so hard to either respect someone's wishes or to just simply not interact with the person if I don't have to. Who know's maybe in the grand scheme of things, they are actually correct. Maybe there are 50 or 100 different genders. Gender roles are a social construct anyway...so what if there end up being a few others than what we are traditionally used to I've never encountered someone with this type of request, and I worked with the public for nearly 20 years. I'm not sure that this is a battle I need to worry about fighting, or getting all worked up about. I simply see no reason to be the "tough love" guy in this instance.

 

Not fighting a battle, just not giving into unreasonable requests.

Again, I don't profess to understand it. But, I just don't see how it's so hard to either respect someone's wishes or to just simply not interact with the person if I don't have to. Who know's maybe in the grand scheme of things, they are actually correct. Maybe there are 50 or 100 different genders. Gender roles are a social construct anyway...so what if there end up being a few others than what we are traditionally used to I've never encountered someone with this type of request, and I worked with the public for nearly 20 years. I'm not sure that this is a battle I need to worry about fighting, or getting all worked up about. I simply see no reason to be the "tough love" guy in this instance.

 

I don't see the issue. It doesn't affect my life in anyway. I do find it quite funny that self-proclaimed Libertarians are bothered by something that doesn't affect them at all.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.