Gender Pronouns

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people quote me, avoid answering my question, then ask me a question? I don't play that game.

Ok, I'll bite. If someone is born with that unfortunate, but I will assume very rare biological condition, I will first address them by their name. Then, if I have to use a pronoun, I will address them as the choice they have made between "he" or "she", because that's the choices. If they have chosen something else from a list someone has come up with, then I will just try to avoid using a pronoun all together if possible.

Why do people quote me, avoid answering my question, then ask me a question? I don't play that game.

Geez .. Ok Game player , " intersex " by definition and I'd call the person whatever their choice is ( and respect it ) . Now your turn

I'm not sure I understand what is so difficult about calling somebody what they request to be called, or why this bothers people so much. How many times have any of us encountered someone with this request? Someone mentioned statistics...if only 1 out of every 1000 people you meet has a specific request, is it that hard to honor? Or if it bothers you that much to just not interact with that person? I don't understand all the gender classifications either. But no reason for me to be a jerk about it either.

To the person affected by that it's probably not very statistically irrelevant...

I think big picture and as an adult do not get impacted by emotional hypotheticals. The fact is for 99.99999999% of people you are either Male or Female and this topic was created to discuss the ever growing list of 70+ gender pronouns.

I'm not sure I understand what is so difficult about calling somebody what they request to be called, or why this bothers people so much. How many times have any of us encountered someone with this request? Someone mentioned statistics...if only 1 out of every 1000 people you meet has a specific request, is it that hard to honor? Or if it bothers you that much to just not interact with that person? I don't understand all the gender classifications either. But no reason for me to be a jerk about it either.

It's called tough love and helping attentiom seekers become adults. I'm sorry I will never call someone cis or a pixie. Not gonna be able to do it.

I think big picture and as an adult do not get impacted by emotional hypotheticals. The fact is for 99.99999999% of people you are either Male or Female and this topic was created to discuss the ever growing list of 70+ gender pronouns.

I know. You love avoiding questions. I'm used to it by this point.

It's called tough love and helping attentiom seekers become adults. I'm sorry I will never call someone cis or a pixie. Not gonna be able to do it.

Again, I don't profess to understand it. But, I just don't see how it's so hard to either respect someone's wishes or to just simply not interact with the person if I don't have to. Who know's maybe in the grand scheme of things, they are actually correct. Maybe there are 50 or 100 different genders. Gender roles are a social construct anyway...so what if there end up being a few others than what we are traditionally used to I've never encountered someone with this type of request, and I worked with the public for nearly 20 years. I'm not sure that this is a battle I need to worry about fighting, or getting all worked up about. I simply see no reason to be the "tough love" guy in this instance.

Again, I don't profess to understand it. But, I just don't see how it's so hard to either respect someone's wishes or to just simply not interact with the person if I don't have to. Who know's maybe in the grand scheme of things, they are actually correct. Maybe there are 50 or 100 different genders. Gender roles are a social construct anyway...so what if there end up being a few others than what we are traditionally used to I've never encountered someone with this type of request, and I worked with the public for nearly 20 years. I'm not sure that this is a battle I need to worry about fighting, or getting all worked up about. I simply see no reason to be the "tough love" guy in this instance.

Not fighting a battle, just not giving into unreasonable requests.

I don't see the issue. It doesn't affect my life in anyway. I do find it quite funny that self-proclaimed Libertarians are bothered by something that doesn't affect them at all.