Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

13th Region ?????

Featured Replies

I would think Pineville and Knox Central to be very much improved teams this season as well. Look for both of them along with Cawood to win several games this season. After South you can shake about 8 teams up and pull them out of a hat and have a solid 2 thru 10 .

  • Replies 62
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree, South seems to be heads above the rest this year, and you could probably shake things up and on any given night anyone from 2 to 10 could beat each other. My question is, maybe you guys know more about things than me, but besides Proffitt, Hammonds, and Smith, who will be the other starters for South? And are they good enough to compete at the level that they expect to be at? One of their "blue chip recruits" from North? A JV player from last year? Another question, is there a player on the team that can do the little things that Walt Allen did? All those offensive rebounds he got to put back in. They are the hands on favorite, but still a lot of questions I think remain about them as well as everyone else.

Looks like some more headaches for Les, trying to figure out who number two is this year. If you need any help, you can always come and borrow some of my wisdom.

When our basketball preview comes out, either Bell, Cumberland, Corbin or even Pineville might get some consideration for the two slot.

When our basketball preview comes out, either Bell, Cumberland, Corbin or even Pineville might get some consideration for the two slot.
Is clay that bad?

No, I just don't believe they're a No. 2.

S. Laurel is the team to beat. They should be the favorites until someone else wins the 13th.

S. Laurel is the team to beat. They should be the favorites until someone else wins the 13th.

 

I agree. South Laurel is the team to beat for the 13th region, but no one will.

I think Bell is the number two team outright as of right now. I hear some of Cumberlands players may not be elgitble I do not know for sure that is just word through the grapevine. Jackson County has just not proven anything. I still look for Clay or North to come out of that district. As for South, does anyone know who will be their players besides Smith, Hammonds, and Profitt? The number two spot in the region is a big question,but I think an even bigger question could be who will be Souths other two starters, and are they good enough to replace all the things that Walt Allen did for them?

It will be interesting to see if Brent Slusher plays bball this year. If he does Bell will have a very athletic and strong big man in the middle. Bell's top 5 or 6 players are going to be really solid this year.

Not trying to be a homer, from an outside perspective though South has the upper hand for the next couple of year's.

Not trying to be a homer, from an outside perspective though South has the upper hand for the next couple of year's.

 

I dont see how after this year SL would have the upper hand. With all due respect, you do know the team a lot better than me. But I watched SL on a few occasions last year, and I really thought they were basically a 4 player team with not much else. And this year past Smith, Proffit, and Hammonds what do they have?

I dont see how after this year SL would have the upper hand. With all due respect, you do know the team a lot better than me. But I watched SL on a few occasions last year, and I really thought they were basically a 4 player team with not much else. And this year past Smith, Proffit, and Hammonds what do they have?

 

Mark Conley is a capable scoring and rebounding forward. Matt Gilbert will probably see a lot of PT as a freshman guard, and may even start. He's going to be a stud. Casey Hamm is a super athlete and could be a solid player if he set his mind to it. Billy Jones could also emerge as a key player, as could Phillip Hibbard.

 

The Cardinals have a lot of underclassmen talent that just hasn't had an opportunity other than mop-up time the last few years, plus they've been hardened by having to deal with Proffitt, Hammonds, Smith, Fields, Allen, etc., in practice the past few years.

ummm, Corbin will be a hard team to beat in the near future.

ummm, Corbin will be a hard team to beat in the near future.

I would like to second that, the Hounds will be very good in the near future.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.